133     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 5.2K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 855     5 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad part is that when Rob drops dead, they'll blame everyone else. They are giving him a licence to kill himself.

Yes. When/if Rob dies an early death, it will all be blamed on the media that hounded him, the "elites," etc. etc. It will just confirm the family's and the true believers' conviction all the more. Epistemic closure is a powerful thing.

Doug's comparison of Rob to Princess Diana being chased by paparazzi, during his Ryerson appearance, was ominous and chilling.

I don't ever have much sympathy for Rob Ford, although that could always have conceivably changed if he ever actually understood that actions have consequences and did something to show that, like oh, resign. However, after watching his mom and sister on CP24 I couldn't help but begin to feel a tad for him. It's clear what is going on and it's sad. He's now just a pawn in their game for Doug, even if it means his life.

My opinion on the man remains unchanged, but I also felt just a bit more sorry for him watching the interview with power-mom and (alleged) crack sister.

Lots of people feeling sorry for what "Rob's going through" need to realize this is who he's always been--a messed up thug. The public's only getting to see it now. You think he only started hanging around people like Bruno and the Bassos recently? They're his childhood friends. I think today's video is Rob at his most honest.

To use Kathy's logic: Because I have never seen Bruno or the Bassos actually do anything bad for myself - they're good people and Rob can keep hanging around with them as long as everyone thinks he's getting better.

You know what, at this point I don't care if the grim reaper pays all of them a visit.

And you guys do realize that feeling sorry for Rob is exactly the point of this exercise? Like the transference of sins from him to the family can redeem him as the innocent worthy one lead astray? F that.

AoD

Last edited:
Lots of people feeling sorry for what "Rob's going through" need to realize this is who he's always been--a messed up thug. The public's only getting to see it now. You think he only started hanging around people like Bruno and the Bassos recently? They're his childhood friends. I think today's video is Rob at his most honest.

I think that people are saying that they feel sorry for him because they feel like it is the right thing to say.

I think this is the Ford family reaping what they sow. I don't wish any further harm come to Rob, and I hope he gets better, but I sure as heck don't feel sorry for any of them. Their words, behaviours and actions over since they have entered politics have been simply reprehensible. Their politics of division is everything that is wrong with democracy today.

Don't feel sorry for Rob, he has had all of the opportunity in the world and this is what he has done with it.

maybe it's just me, but i've watched that video a few times now, and at no point do i hear anything about a by-election. it's not in the transcript either. what am i missing? does the star have longer video than what they posted?

It comes right before the weird "birds" rant

The only ones I feel sorry for are his children. They are growing up with THAT for a father, and their extended family is totally whacked. They don't stand much of a chance unless Renata can get them out now and keep them out.

Yeah, I'm with ya, Alvin O'Di.

I want my home back.

The only people I feel sorry for are the 2.6 million ofus with that shitshow for a leader.

Last edited:
Ford Nation in a nutshell:

Ford%20Nation.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back