290     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 468     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 653     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Globe and Mail: Ford and police in talks to arrange private viewing of crack video

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is negotiating with police through his lawyer for a private showing of the video that apparently shows him smoking crack cocaine.

The discussions include several other “related topics,” including a request by investigators to question Mr. Ford, his lawyer Dennis Morris told The Globe and Mail.

“I’m in the middle of discussions with the police in reference to that, but whatever it is has very serious conditions on it,” Mr. Morris said in an interview Wednesday. “I’m trying to do my best to get rid of conditions.”

Looks like they want Rob on record, and he is not going along with that.

I assume ManuvSteele is reading this. If he really does have the info, and especially if he's the hacker, he needs to get ahead of this story very quickly and start cooperating with cops.

Otherwise they are going to get him by the balls and squeeze hard.

He also needs to lawyer up.

But obviously he should talk to a journo first...

Awesome work, thanks. It's pretty clear that Peepers was right and this guy is the hacker.

I don't doubt this is the guy who spoke with Massoudi, but I'm not convinced he's a hacker. Hackers don't use Macs, for one. There's also nothing in his Twitter feed to suggest he's into that sort of thing. The VICE piece indicates that a friend helped him break into the site. That friend is likely the person who did most (if not all) of the work.

Or maybe we're all getting trolled pretty hard right now.

I don't doubt this is the guy who spoke with Massoudi, but I'm not convinced he's a hacker. Hackers don't use Macs, for one. There's also nothing in his Twitter feed to suggest he's into that sort of thing. The VICE piece indicates that a friend helped him break into the site. That friend is likely the person who did most (if not all) of the work.

Possibly but the Vice article referred to the guy as the "hacker" and that's what I meant. You're right though, he could just be a troll and have us going. Whatever, he is a small fry here anyways unless he is able to share the email from Massoudi from the @Toronto account.

Hackers don't use macs? Somebody tell Charlie Miller! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Miller_(security_researcher) Admittedly, I find working with OS X frustrating, but at least you can get a proper shell, and compile just about any *NIX package. Furthermore, there's nothing preventing a "hacker" from running GNU/Linux in a virtual machine, or dual booting. The last time I made the mistake of buying a Mac I dual booted Debian, and was great.

Ummmmmm?? Hackers don't openly advertise that they are hackers.

Him saying he can get a "friend" to do it could be a ploy.

The whole "hackers don't use macs" is bunk. Nowadays, doesn't matter what kind of os you are using to attack, it matters what system you are trying to attack.

How did Massoudi originally get in contact with this fellow? I'm assuming they went to school together?

It will take more than a purported email message on a screen to be credible - certainly I imagine any journalists one approach will demand far more than just that.

Make no mistake though, the implication of the hack is even more devastating since it basically used city resources (human, infrastructure) to conduct illicit activity - cocaine smoking is small fry in comparison.

AoD

Last edited:
Hackers don't use macs? Somebody tell Charlie Miller! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Miller_(security_researcher) Admittedly, I find working with OS X frustrating, but at least you can get a proper shell, and compile just about any *NIX package. Furthermore, there's nothing preventing a "hacker" from running GNU/Linux in a virtual machine, or dual booting. The last time I made the mistake of buying a Mac I dual booted Debian, and was great.

I was being a bit facetious, but I just don't think this guy fits the profile. His app dock doesn't exactly scream hardcore hacker either. I'm not suggesting the whole story should be dismissed. I'm just saying he's probably just a guy who knew a guy that could help pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back