292     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 468     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 653     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the 'big guy' in the (perhaps forged) Vice stuff is Doug, not Rob?
From the email: the big guy said someone was trying to blackmail him about a month ago but just told us it was about weed. I know he’s got some habits, but this would surprise me if it’s really true.

Sounds like Rob to me.

Who (and also why) is passing this video around for councillors and reporters too see? And if somebody other than the police are in possession of video, why hasn't it been leaked yet?

I would imagine that it will leak at any moment if these reports are true. I just hope it doesn't compromise the investigation although it seems that these videos are just a very small part of the RF situation/investigation.

Long time lurker here BTW, absolutely addicted to this thread. Thanks to all of you for the contributions.

Here's why. Because people like this actually exist. It must be some form of mental illness.

https://www.facebook.com/LetFordBe

Unrelated but an interesting note -- manuvsteel and Sattva Namaste AKA Leon Brule -- the two most prolific and unrelenting Frod supporters and #topoli trolls have made their twitter accounts private. I also found it interesting that the official twitter account of the Mayor follows them back.

It's kind of funny but reading through the comments on that page many of rob's supporters live in Edmonton, Winnipeg, North Bay, Oshawa, etc...The spiteful supporters.

Perhaps at some point in the future we should have a public park in Etobicoke named after his worship for his, ahem, "good deeds" in the community supporting a bludgeoning cottage industry.
AoD
(emphasis mine)

LOL - AoD - little Freudian slip there? I think you may have meant "burgeoning" cottage industry? ;)

(...or maybe not?!?!? :eek:)

From the email: the big guy said someone was trying to blackmail him about a month ago but just told us it was about weed. I know he’s got some habits, but this would surprise me if it’s really true.

Sounds like Rob to me.

The "it was about weed" part might be referring to the previous phone-for-weed transaction involving the mayor's lost cell phone.

Here's a theory: What if the mayor lost his cell phone the same night the crack video was shot? The timeline somewhat matches up, and it's possible that's where they came across the second video, since the Goonies were in posession of BOTH videos and likely didn't actually film both videos based on their prospective content. Could it be that Anthony Smith's murder was about more than just the crack video? I'm alluding to the fact that the other video might have been on Rob's lost phone.

It's kind of funny but reading through the comments on that page many of rob's supporters live in Edmonton, Winnipeg, North Bay, Oshawa, etc...The spiteful supporters.
A lot of those outside Toronto (because I've had them commenting on my Facebook posts about Ford) really haven't heard a lot until Rob dropped yesterday's bombshell. So for them, it's a matter of the guy made one mistake, partied a little too hard, give him a break. They haven't been following the story, they don't know about Lisi and the surveillance, they don't know about the repeated drunken stupors, etc. Naturally, I point them to information :)

As for the pitchforks, it's a shame that those of us who are downtown, condo-dwelling, latte-sipping, bike-riding Pinko elitists no longer own pitchforks, but I'd buy one for the cause :)

Now that everything is out in the open and its known that the cops were/are watching Rob all the time, maybe someone should track down Jasmine of torontomike fame and get the full story of the going ons at 15 Windsor

Doug just showed up at City Hall, no sign of Rob. The next stage of addiction 101 will probably start today - bargaining. Rob has figured out Plan A didn't work, so he'll suggest a leave, rather than resign. I doubt he could "work" with council if they pass the motion, his "pride" wouldn't be able to handle it. He's apologized, the past is the past, blah, blah, slogan, slogan, slogan. The addict is always the last to know when it's over. Sad.

I thought his lawyer said Rob would be at work at 7:30 a.m? I'm starting to think Robbie isn't entirely trustworthy.

Probably, just like everyone else's in the office, but: a) we've all seen how well that's been going, and b) as the Vice article (if accurate) details, most of the communication with the so-called hacker happened while Massoudi was still working in Doug's office, and so is not (due to some policy reason I don't get) accessible by FOI.

Seems like this story isn't going anywhere unless the hacker goes public or new info/evidence emerges that confirms his account. Otherwise it's 100% anonymous and uncorroborated, basically hearsay, even though the details sound pretty par for the course.

The public may not get access, but the police sure as hell will, if they haven't already.

I would imagine that it will leak at any moment if these reports are true. I just hope it doesn't compromise the investigation although it seems that these videos are just a very small part of the RF situation/investigation.

Long time lurker here BTW, absolutely addicted to this thread. Thanks to all of you for the contributions.

This is my hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back