5.1K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 715     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 709     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy has no shame, anybody else and they would have resigned but not this goof.

Here's why. Because people like this actually exist. It must be some form of mental illness.

https://www.facebook.com/LetFordBe

Unrelated but an interesting note -- manuvsteel and Sattva Namaste AKA Leon Brule -- the two most prolific and unrelenting Frod supporters and #topoli trolls have made their twitter accounts private. I also found it interesting that the official twitter account of the Mayor follows them back.

Last edited:
So, my coworkers cousin did see the video at a councilor's house last night. He said it's exactly as described, and that's about it.

Also, the Sun has been offered a second video (not sure if the second video), but the guy wants money for it, so no deal.

I wonder, if some party did pony up the money for the second video and then let it go public, would it still be admissible as evidence in any trial? Because my own interest and everyone else's aside, I hope these videos are used for the primary purpose of nailing Ford and his co-conspirators, whoever they are.

Pull the stick out dude! Get a sense of irony and go enjoy some of the truly schlock-tastic un-hip places that are out there beyond the self-consciously fabulous downtown core. It's what really cool people do, by the way.

Yeah, it's like going to a poor third-world country and laughing at the fact that no one has indoor plumbing. Good times.

A thought that occurred to me yesterday, and I apologize if this has been already theorized and I just missed it, was about Doug's involvement.

I keep thinking about Rob saying he had nothing left to confess. Why would he say that? It's plainly obvious that more stuff is going to come out, so setting himself up for yet another hit is just bizarre.

However, what if that was the end of his involvement? If it really is Price and Massoudi doing chasing down the video, who I think were both Doug's staff at the time, then is it possible that Doug - once he heard about Rob's indiscretions - took over and did the cleanup without telling his brother what was going on? Of course this is all speculation, but the coverup seems to have been executed reasonably well. Execution is not RoFo's speciality.

What if the 'big guy' in the (perhaps forged) Vice stuff is Doug, not Rob?

Here's why. Because people like this actually exist. It must be some form of mental illness.

https://www.facebook.com/LetFordBe

Unrelated but an interesting note -- manuvsteel and Sattva Namaste AKA Leon Brule -- the two most prolific and unrelenting Frod supporters and #topoli trolls have made their twitter accounts private. I also found it interesting that the official twitter account of the Mayor follows them back.

I love this comment about the rally
RALLY IS SUPPOSE TO BE THIRSDAY....THAT'S WHAT I HEAR...BECAUSE IT IS FULL COUNCIL DAY AND THEY WILL PROBABLY TRY TO GET INSIDE....I AM CERTAIN HIS ENEMIES ARE EGGING THEM ON

I laughed out loud. Gather up yer pitchforks and storm the castle! :rolleyes:

A thought that occurred to me yesterday, and I apologize if this has been already theorized and I just missed it, was about Doug's involvement.

I keep thinking about Rob saying he had nothing left to confess. Why would he say that? It's plainly obvious that more stuff is going to come out, so setting himself up for yet another hit is just bizarre.

However, what if that was the end of his involvement? If it really is Price and Massoudi doing chasing down the video, who I think were both Doug's staff at the time, then is it possible that Doug - once he heard about Rob's indiscretions - took over and did the cleanup without telling his brother what was going on? Of course this is all speculation, but the coverup seems to have been executed reasonably well. Execution is not RoFo's speciality.

Not impossible. I also thought that maybe the 'T' is Thomas Beyer. He is kinda shady.

Last I checked Toronto doesn't have an electoral college based on City wards. Ford didn't win the majority of votes in those wards, yes, but he won votes.

Yes, but his votes were overwhelmingly in the suburbs. Here's another map that shows this more clearly:
Election2010results_weighted2.jpg

In most of the "suburbs" (outside the old City of Toronto), Ford beat Smitherman by over 20 points, and in many, by over 40 points. His support was clearly based in the suburbs.

Attachments

• Election2010results_weighted2.jpg
    Election2010results_weighted2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 559
So, my coworkers cousin did see the video at a councilor's house last night. He said it's exactly as described, and that's about it.

Who (and also why) is passing this video around for councillors and reporters too see? And if somebody other than the police are in possession of video, why hasn't it been leaked yet?

Tulse:

Perhaps at some point in the future we should have a public park in Etobicoke named after his worship for his, ahem, "good deeds" in the community supporting a bludgeoning cottage industry. Oh, and make sure there are plenty of secluded areas in the landscape design, for utility purposes.

AoD

It's hard to fathom any sense of sympathy for Ford. I only feel anger toward him, and I want him out of office, now. The crack smoking is one thing, but Ford's disrespect for all Torontonians, well, that is the big offence.

How Ford feels he can regain anyone's trust is a mystery to me. I expect Council now to table motions to restrict Ford's power, and while that may end up being a strictly symbolic act, it still needs to be done.

Last edited:

Interesting theory, but he certainly has a lot more to confess regarding Lisi and their months of interactions. What we've heard about the communication patterns (e.g. talking 7 times the morning of Smith's murder, constant contact during the "search for the video" period) make it hard to imagine that Rob was completely uninvolved.

And even if, by some miracle, he really had no idea about the extortion/retrieval plot, there's still all those clandestine meetings and dropoffs... there's surely plenty left to confess to, related to the video or not.

Yes, but his votes were overwhelmingly in the suburbs. Here's another map that shows this more clearly:
View attachment 19658
In most of the "suburbs" (outside the old City of Toronto), Ford beat Smitherman by over 20 points, and in many, by over 40 points. His support was clearly based in the suburbs.

Looks like North York was a tighter race - perhaps a future candidate could overcome ford by 'winning' the downtown area and north york.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back