4.7K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 684     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than go to work today Rob has been seen at: his mom's house, a bowling alley, a bakery and now Deco Labels. He told reporters at the bakery "they have never worked a day in their lives", while ordering and eating a sausage, and no I'm not making this shit up.
And has anyone challenged him on his work ethic or pointed out his hypocrisy in saying that while he was nowhere near his place of work during work hours? (I mean other than here!)

One thing I find interesting is that Randy -- who we've seen little of -- is suddenly meeting with Rob and Doug at the mom's house and now at Deco.
Hey, it's good to know Randy is out of the hospital and feeling better, at least :) I hope the bowl of cereal his brother sent him helped!

It certainly sounds like him using a more throaty voice... and they're 100% right, in that the cadence/manner of speaking are very, very Ford-like.

And the hangup after the accusation that he's the mayor is CERTAINLY the most telling part. Could've been coincidence (like, the guy was already on his way to hang up the phone when they started asking), but I dunno...

EDIT: It sounds a lot like his "lower" voice here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8EpSdyB0zY#t=37 - in the sound clip it sounds like he's just trying to avoid going "up"

Last edited:
There's definitely a few subtle similarities. Some people have been suggesting that it might be Randy.

I don't think Rob Ford is competent enough to disguise his voice so well.

I listened to that this morning and was fully prepared to dismiss it as radio hype. I thought, 'No way. Not even Robbie is that ridiculous. It's too insane.' However, after listening, I'm sure it's him.

I also know that 640 is working on determining the source of the call and where it originated from.

This is another bizarre twist. Bill Carroll of NewsTalk 1010 claims that "Ian from Etobicoke" who called into his show yesterday was actually the Mayor trying to disguise his voice. You can listen at the following link. I personally don't think it is the mayor, but you can judge for yourself.

http://o.canada.com/news/rob-ford-bill-carroll-ian-from-etobicoke/

Perhaps the mannerisms seem Ford-like but the voice doesn't sound very much like Ford. The only thing that makes me think this is Rob Ford is the fact that he hung up upon getting called out.

Definitely Ford. Listen to their analysis of the call after the fact. As they say, whenever the caller gets frustrated the Ford voice comes right out.

There's definitely a few subtle similarities. Some people have been suggesting that it might be Randy.

I don't think Rob Ford is competent enough to disguise his voice so well.
Not sure how we can suggest that it was Randy, how many of us have ever heard him speak? I still think "Ian" sounds nothing like Rob.

Rumours now of a similarly-sounding "Pat from Etobicoke" calling in on 1010 earlier in the day today. Anyone know more about this?

Not sure how we can suggest that it was Randy, how many of us have ever heard him speak? I still think "Ian" sounds nothing like Rob.

I think the reasoning is that if it's not Rob Ford, it might be someone who is close enough to Ford to share many of his same vocal inflections (e.g. like a brother).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back