5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 709     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that confirms who the victims of the alleged extortion were. Also, how does this guy make bail? Wasn't he on probation during this whole investigation?

Presumably the alleged extortion happened prior to his first arrest so is not a breach of his probation.

Long time lurker (since May), first time poster.

Lisi won't flip (sadly). The drug use is just the tip of the iceberg. The previous prison incident shows clearly that Ford has connections within the prison system. There's a reason for the basic criminal code that you don't rat your friends out, because once that starts it never ends and everyone goes down together. There is far more riding on this now than the mayoralty of Toronto. If Lisi started talking it wouldn't just be Ford who'd be in the frame but all the people on the other side of the deals he's done. And the guy who ran the after-hours nightclub is obviously running scared. There's way more to come out.

You have no idea (or perhaps you do) how right you are, for reasons beyond the ones you state. There's been little discussion about this aspect, but it'll be the one driving things behind the scenes of the Ford side in the coming months. Basic question: if Lisi was attempting to extort Somali drug dealers, who would he have backing him that would have the resources (muscle, motive, access) to make good on his threats? It's not just the people on the other side of the deal, but also the ones pulling the strings on his own side. Remember, Somali drug dealers have only had play in Canada for a relatively short period of time. Who are the more well-established players in this game?

[E: Just caught the @goldsbie tweet. Another reminder of this red thread.]

Last edited:
(via Don Peat's twitter) Provost just left City Hall for a meeting and says he doesn't know where the mayor is.

We know the Star tailed Rob from home yesterday, hope someone's tailing all these guys from now on (other than the cops)

Which was conducted by Forum, last night. They called me. Normally I hang up on pollsters, but I had a feeling last night’s poll would be about Ford, and it was, and I wanted in! It started out with “do you approve of Rob Ford’s performance as Mayor†and “do you think he should resign†and “are you aware of the allegations†and “do you think the video will ever be released to the public†and that sort of thing, then went into a mind-numbing variety of different Mayoral election scenarios, asking me who I’d vote for in each case (I chose Stintz in each scenario). It ended with the standard questions about gender and age and income and residence.

I’m curious to see the results.

Fingers crossed that they can release the results before the day ends.

All this worry about Ford nation and the associated narratives...they don't matter anymore. There is just no chance in hell Ford is winning a damn thing despite morons showing up in comments sections and vox populi soundbites. His numbers will steadily decline among the many otherwise sensible right wing people that voted him in. Why should Ford's critics play defense any more? Ford has lost. He lied to the public over and over and over again. And more details are coming, likely connecting Ford or Ford's people to murder and extortion.

He lost. F*ck the way anything looks. The Star should sue him for every dime, while sane Toronto conservatives figure out how to fix the enormous damage Ford has wrought.

Know what? You're right. I know you're right. My trepidation probably comes entirely from some of his diehards being in my own family, and me just not wanting to deal with them...or believe that they can be so wilfully ignorant and tribal. Were it not for that, I'd probably be screaming from the rooftops as well.

What options do we as citizens have in this situation? There is no doubt the man should step down. Do we have any recourse to make this happen?

What options do we as citizens have in this situation? There is no doubt the man should step down. Do we have any recourse to make this happen?

Putting pressure on your city councillor is probably the most direct route at the moment. Rob lost the waterfront battle years back because public pressure rained down via council. Ford is stubborn, but I could easily see nearly 100% of the rest of the bunch turning on him, and that might just make him pick up his football and run home.

According to Don Peat and the Sun, the Fords have hunkered down at momma's house.

Countdown to Ford's rehab announcement? I'll set the over/under at 3 hours and take the over.

According to Don Peat and the Sun, the Fords have hunkered down at momma's house.

Countdown to Ford's rehab announcement? I'll set the over/under at 3 hours and take the over.

If they try that tactic, I'll be ticked off (and surprised, given what a reversal it would be from yesterday's "I can't defend myself because it's before the courts" and "the police chief should resign for talking about evidence"). The time for that defense was six months ago.

Putting pressure on your city councillor is probably the most direct route at the moment. Rob lost the waterfront battle years back because public pressure rained down via council. Ford is stubborn, but I could easily see nearly 100% of the rest of the bunch turning on him, and that might just make him pick up his football and run home.

At a minimum, members on his executive committee should resign from cabinet.

I think you're being optimistic but that's the only way he's going to save himself, politically and personally (health wise).

Won't ain't gonna resign or go to rehab.

He's going to take this to the end

This is the last down for ford and final timeout.

I don't want this to just be about the crack. What about his behaviour otherwise? The hypocrisy, the lies, the obstruction and obfuscation. The smug denials and slandering? The namecalling? Fucking off work to coach football and drink purple jesuses in a goddamn park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back