324     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 574     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the CBC Radio 1 4:30 news, the presenter seemed -- but I did not catch it in full, as I was not really attending to the broadcast -- to say that a reporter who has seen the unredacted pages said there is nothing in them linking Ford to any wrongdoing. Did I hear what was said correctly?

The CBC Radio 1 5:30 news story was not a repeat of 4:30. It included a report by John Lancaster that ended with him stating CBC news has learned that no charges will be laid against Ford.

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie
I've been told the electronic (PDF?) version of the Lisi ITO clocks in at 28 megabytes. Tomorrow will involve much cursing at email servers.

Is that unusually large?
I just checked a PDF I wrote that is 216 pages. It comes in at 11.5MB, so yeah, 28 is pretty big. Unless it's a picture book :)

Also scanned pages take up much more space than native PDF files, if that's what this is. 30-40 pages could easily get up to 28 megs.

I can't say yes or no without revealing my source because a limited number of people have seen it. Let's leave it as my source knows what's in the ITO.

what if it's david price that's about to go down? what if doug told rob to keep him around so that price is the one that, takes one for the team, if you will. 'cause they'd be able to say that city hall isn't untouchable... but then that could be it... rob could continue to be kept out of it? we've seen him saved so many times that i can't help but wonder / question.

The CBC Radio 1 5:30 news story was not a repeat of 4:30. It included a report by John Lancaster that ended with him stating CBC news has learned that no charges will be laid against Ford.

so the damning news will be about price? or there will be damning news about ford, just not something you could charge him with?

Uh what the fuck? Why isn't this getting more coverage?

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie
I've been told the electronic (PDF?) version of the Lisi ITO clocks in at 28 megabytes. Tomorrow will involve much cursing at email servers.

Is that unusually large?

I believe he's joking about the fact that the vast majority of email servers cap attachments at 10 megs, and the most I've ever seen is 20 megs. So, it won't be easy to email it back + forth. Perhaps it will appear on dropbox! :)

Yeah, I thought that what I thought I had heard when listening only with half an ear would be odd; that is why I asked whether anyone out there had listened to the broadcast attentively and could confirm what actually was said. (Anyway, superseded by the 5:30 story now.)
Well they haven't been released yet so not bloody likely.

Based on what I've read today, and observing Ford's reaction to questions, I'm pretty sure that his name will come up tomorrow. But, nobody knows (or at least none of us) what is redacted and What is "unredacted" (which, apparently, is a word). Up to this point, the courts have kept such a tight lid on things that I'm not allowing myself to believe that we'll learn much new.

But there are two reasons why tomorrow will *probably* be different. First, Goldsbie's comment about Gilliander's response to whether what we learn tomorrow will be interesting. Second, this is a 480-page warrant for a minor pot bust. The PT warrants were 100 pages. Unless they redact 95% of the document, Ford's name is certain to come up.

If TPS can't come up with a single charge against Ford with a 480-page warrant, remind me never to be the victim of a crime.

Or, are they only in massive dereliction of duty when the would-be offender is about to negotiate their fucking budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back