News   May 03, 2024
 640     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 304     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cep4QLeUEAArUOr.jpg

You'd think that SOMEONE in the Ford family would tell him that this wasn't a good idea. Doug Ford is trending on Twitter in Toronto because of this.

Surprise surprise, Doug Ford turned this into another campaign event, brought to you by the city of Toronto. For him there are six stages of grief, one of which is self promotion.

Surprise surprise, Doug Ford turned this into another campaign event, brought to you by the city of Toronto. For him there are six stages of grief, one of which is self promotion.

Looks like he skipped all the other stages and got straight to the self aggrandizement. And in every selfie thus far, he has that typical rictus skull grin plastered all over his hideous face. It really makes him look like he's all broken up over his brother's death, doesn't it?

I honestly doubt he's willing to put in the time and/or effort that being a councillor (again!?!) would require. Though I could be wrong...If Thug just expects Tory to hand the position to him on a silver platter, without any of that annoying or time-consuming campaigning, maybe he figures he can just be as negligent as he was when he "represented" Ward 2. And why wouldn't he think that? It's not like anyone of consequence has told him no up till now. Incredibly enough. So I can see the appeal of having the position given to him without having to do any work for it. But surely being a mere city councillor would be too small-time for his overinflated ego as things now stand? After all, now that the "popular" one is out of the way, isn't it Dofo's time to shine? And isn't he on record as stating he didn't care for the job last time?

So then, is he scheming to get Mikey appointed just to keep the Ford "brand" alive, and capitalize on it further down the road? But Mikey likely isn't extreme enough in his politics or behavior for the Ford Nayshun diehards. And he's still just a kid. The notion of a person that young being appointed city councillor is more than a little insulting, even if he is a decent enough sort...But again, I can see Dofo just naturally assuming he can get away with such an effrontery. It's not like any of the people who should have been opposing his toxic mixture of nutcase politics and scumbag personal conduct have lifted a finger against him so far.

Being elected councillor gives you a great launching pad for running for mayor. You get to scrum. You get to mouth off at council and committee meetings. You get to take on John Tory.

I'm sure Doug will want a byelection, rather than council appointment. Who'd vote for Doug, besides Mammo, Jimmy K, Grimey, Nunziata, and maybe Holyday?

I popped in on the way home and got some pics. Doug was out front glad-handing. Here his is comforting a senior. Mikey (future mayor?) was with him getting in on the action.

Dougie was shorter than I thought (I'm at least half a foot taller) but extremely wide with this huge, thick head and hands. He reminded me of a neanderthal.

The Ford Nationals reminded me of Howard Stern's Wack Pack.

Attachments

• IMG_5277.jpg
    IMG_5277.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 236
  • IMG_5276.jpg
    IMG_5276.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 216
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back