318     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 500     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 618     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he has fallen/leapt off the wagon recently I think we would have seen pictures. He is out of control when he's boozing and people seek him out for photos when he's in bad shape. I think it's the cancer that's kept him out of the public eye, I can't imagine he's boozing etc. at home. I don't think his family could keep him in the basement because he's such a mean, bossy drunk.
Remember the parts of the ITO that blacked out what else was in the basement?

I think Kevin O'Leary would take the wind out of Doug's sails as the "savvy business type" in the CPC leadership race. I'm certainly no fan of O'Leary, but next to him Doug looks like an amateur.

I never thought we'd find a line we would not cross.

But that reminds me that even after the infamous ITO became less and less redacted, I was left with the feeling that the one thing they would not reveal was certain stuff about Ford's wife and children.

And I do wonder if Towhey inadvertently revealed (or near-revealed) some of said stuff.

I think Kevin O'Leary would take the wind out of Doug's sails as the "savvy business type" in the CPC leadership race. I'm certainly no fan of O'Leary, but next to him Doug looks like an amateur.

They're both kind of bullshit artists when it comes to describing their own success - it's just that O'Leary is better at it.

Doesn't look like Doug was at that CPC event in Ottawa. Was it a different event that he was supposed to be at? I can't find the original post in this thread. He's not mentioned on the list of speakers
http://manningcentre.ca/conference/speakers

No pics of him on social media, though plenty others on MCC2016 tag; either he pulled out or was dis-invited.

Doesn't look like Doug was at that CPC event in Ottawa. Was it a different event that he was supposed to be at? I can't find the original post in this thread. He's not mentioned on the list of speakers
http://manningcentre.ca/conference/speakers

No pics of him on social media, though plenty others on MCC2016 tag; either he pulled out or was dis-invited.
http://www.conservativefutures.ca/
Same shit, different conference. DoFo is supposed to be at the Barrie conference in March.

Towhey, page 204:
Rob is talking about his wife, about offering her up to the guys he's with, about how they can "eat her pussy." I hang up.
Towhey's Renata (note: this is as much a commentary on Towhey as anything)
0107_crackwhore-mag.jpg

So, here's a question. Assuming Rob Ford is not long for this world, who will attempt to rally the constituent parts of FordNation and try to represent them in 2018? I've heard rumblings that if Rob can't run in the next election, Doug will. But because most of the conservative establishment now sees Doug as politically radioactive, he'll certainly have a lot of trouble raising enough money to run a credible 10-month campaign in 2018 unless he dips into his personal fortune or goes into debt. And of course, he might have to forgo running if Deco falters and needs full-time attention. So, is there anyone on city council now or anyone out in the community with the populist chops to succeed the Fords in rallying the discontented, the disenfranchised, the bigots, the homophobes, the anti-tax scolds, the anti-union crusaders, the anti-downtown suburbanites, the working poor who coalesced under the Ford banner in 2011 and to some degree in 2014? Or will all these disaffected groups, deprived of their champion, simply sit on their hands and not vote next time around? What does everyone think?

The way thing are going with Rob, and given that he hasn't even asked council to permit his absence for (I think its) both February council meetings, I'm wondering if its FoFam strategy to rally the troops by forcing council to declare the seat vacant. Maybe Doug, having tested the waters provincially and federally, may decide to run for Ward 2 in a by-election, not show up much, and try for the provincial election with his friend Patrick Brown. I'm sure he has been handed a long list of "efficiencies" in Wynne's deficit budget last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back