News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 633     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't feed 'em.

Feed what? Skepticism about e veracity of 1 organization with an agenda of ultimate oportunism and a other with a clearly defined hatred towards the mayor?

All I've seen thus far is a photo op of the mayor with some purportedly unsavory characters. Who knows how far Gawker & the Star stretched the truth of what transpired in this instance? Not me or any of you.

I agree the Mayor needs to address these issues with full candor. I hope to hear his response soon and then make a judgment. Til then you guys are nothing but a mean spirited lynch mob.

Feed what? Skepticism about e veracity of 1 organization with an agenda of ultimate oportunism and a other with a clearly defined hatred towards the mayor?

All I've seen thus far is a photo op of the mayor with some purportedly unsavory characters. Who knows how far Gawker & the Star stretched the truth of what transpired in this instance? Not me or any of you.

I agree the Mayor needs to address these issues with full candor. I hope to hear his response soon and then make a judgment. Til then you guys are nothing but a mean spirited lynch mob.

I rather enjoy being part of this lynch mob. Perhaps you should join us? Bring some pitchforks and torches if you do.

How long are you willing to wait for a response from the mayor? Two more weeks, a few months, after the next election? When will this perfectly contructed, beautifully crafted, excuse of total innocence be enacted? As hard as it must be for the mayor to admit to a serious problem, it seems Ford Nation may never be able to accept the truth.

How long are you willing to wait for a response from the mayor? Two more weeks, a few months, after the next election? When will this perfectly contructed, beautifully crafted, excuse of total innocence be enacted? As hard as it must be for the mayor to admit to a serious problem, it seems Ford Nation may never be able to accept the truth.

Once he's done smoking all of the crack in the world, he'll have plenty of time to address whatever "issues" the good folks think need to be addressed. Until then, don't get in his way.

This is what's so fascinating about the situation. You can argue that the Star has a clealy defined hatred towards the mayor, but Gawker, an indep organization based out of the US that rarely mentions Canada, had very little to gain talking about Mayor Ford unless there was a video? You think John Cook just woke up one day and was like - let's take down Mayor Ford?

Gawker has nothing to gain if it has lied about the video. People may not like its tactics, but it is a credible news organization, when it comes to breaking scandals.

Ergo the video never existed in the first place.

Then what did the two Star reporters watch?

Obviously the story will be that there was a video, which was either altered or used an imposter, looked good enough on a small screen. They are afraid to release it since it will become apparant with proper scrutiny that the video is a hoax.

All I've seen thus far is a photo op of the mayor with some purportedly unsavory characters.

Also, I don't think "photo op" is appropriate here. Just "photo" is probably what you mean.

Perhaps our civic governance problem is really a public education problem.

Obviously the story will be that there was a video, which was either altered or used an imposter, looked good enough on a small screen. They are afraid to release it since it will become apparant with proper scrutiny that the video is a hoax.

That would be really odd - let's say if you never smoked crack all your life, nor associated with crack dealers - why would you be avoidant about a purported video of yourself engaging in both activities? How would an "every man" have addressed that issue? The response we got from Rob Rod isn't logical, much less normal *at all*. Hell, in fact I would dare say the pattern of response has more in common with someone who was caught in a criminal act than one that is utterly guiltless.

And why would an everyman have a photo op, much less a photo with these characters? Like do you know of any crack dealers enough to I don't know, have your photo taken with them in such a cozy manner? Is that "normal"? Is that "mayoral"?

AoD

Last edited:
I absolutely disagree. He can't "skate through" it now. He's toast, except he hasn't realized it yet.

You'd think so. Any rational person would. But we've seen this guy get through so many other scandals that would totally sink any other politician. Ultimately the only thing that can get him out of office before the next election is his resignation or criminal charges coming down, and neither of those things seem imminent. As far as the next election goes, his base seems to be just as rabid as ever. I can't imagine what they'll be like if the tape doesn't eventually emerge.

Ultimately it's a question of who you have confidence in. I have very little doubt that Doolittle and Donovan aren't telling the truth. Aside from the fact that an unrelated third party has corroborated their story, I don't think these respected (whether you think so or not) journalists would risk their careers on a lie, and even the right wing journalists out there have expressed as much.

That would be really odd - let's say if you never smoked crack all your life, nor associated with crack dealers - why would you be avoidant about a purported video of yourself engaging in both activities? It's not a logical response *at all*.

AoD

The photo tells me enough... The optics look terrible in it and any politician with any discretion should not have been in that situation... I work in a church... its not politics but people scrutinize my job. As a result there are a lot of places that I would and will simply avoid in order to make sure I don't get caught in any misunderstood circumstances. It just makes life easier. Jon Stewart is right even if he makes it a joke that it is not as easy to edit a video tape. As a result, the photo gives a 1000 words but the video is the death sentence..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back