2.6K     2 
News   Sep 06, 2024
 1.8K     8 
News   Sep 06, 2024
 631     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when I started this thread, I imagined that Ford would eventually tick enough people off to cause a mass demonstration demanding his removal. I thought it would happen in Nathan Phillips Square. Maybe I was off on the location but a group is starting a sit in the street protest outside Rob Ford's house demanding answers.

Sit-ins will garner no sympathy from the public, and will piss off some people who see them as imposing onto poor everyman Ford's already persecuted life. I think just focusing on acquiring the video would work best at this time- let the public hear straight from the horse's mouth.

Sitting in at his home is useless - it's a civic issue and it should be conducted in the most civic spaces of all. Do recall what symbols Viljo Revell's wished to convey with his City Hall building - what better place to hold someone to account? Let him see out his office window to the NPS - or close his blinds - either way, he will see the intended message.

AoD

Sitting in at his home is useless - it's a civic issue and it should be conducted in the most civic spaces of all. Do recall what symbols Viljo Revell's wished to convey with his City Hall building - what better place to hold someone to account? Let him see out his office window to the NPS - or close his blinds - either way, he will see the intended message.

AoD

Not to mention he'll be down at his radio show at the time - if he still is doing that this weekend

AoD

This. A sit-in outside his home is too much, in my books. For one thing, why hassle his wife and kids over this? A sit-in at NPS is 100% appropriate.

I couldn't agree more, his home is absolutely not a place for something like this. Give me a date and time at Nathan Phillips Square and I'll bring my friends and family along, with signs. A sit-in? I'll bring my tent, sleeping bag, necessities and change of clothes.

AoD

I agree. Protest (not sit in) at Nathan Phillips next week. Will send a much stronger message if theres a good turnout.

When's the next council meeting by the way?

Last edited:
A separate source: The video is not in the possession of some kid. This is organized crime. Those $200K are going right into Toronto's drug trade. My hunch that this was a setup was correct. Ford was set up. That doesn't reduce his responsibility and the fact that he smokes crack and does business with drug dealers but it is a bit of a moral dilemma giving these people two hundred grand. They got us though, they have something we want and need. Touché druglords, touché.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back