689     2 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 615     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 2.4K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if he doesn't resign, perhaps mass protests is the next step. He can be the titular mayor, but I swear citizens in drove can make sure that he cower back to his Etobicoke hole. In fact the protests should start now.

AoD

Last edited:
Even if the $200,000 target isn't met, the owners of the video will take whatever amount Gawker raised. This video is coming out.

Even if the $200,000 target isn't met, the owners of the video will take whatever amount Gawker raised. This video is coming out.

Actually, if the full amount is not raised within the time limit, all the money is automatically returned to the people who donated.

Under an Indiegogo "fixed funding" campaign, if the target amount is not met the creator doesn't get any money at all.

Actually, if the full amount is not raised within the time limit, all the money is automatically returned to the people who donated.
Note that the funding model is fixed, not flexible. Fixed means that if the money is not consummated, it is returned. Flexible means that the money goes through, consummated or not.

I would gladly donate $50 if there was a live unveiling party!! Just leave it on a loop all night after it plays once.
I was planning to donate on the last day, i might end up being glad i waited :D

I'd go to that party for $50. What a weird experience that would be.

I would go as well. We should all bring our City of Toronto flags and have a day of celebration! :rolleyes:

Not really that depressing, I don't really see why he would be removed over these things unless he resigns (which is unlikely).

What the video does do however, is expose his hypocrisy (looking at his purported comments on the video), low (non-existent) moral standing.

These will all influence the next election and people's general opinions of him, though this really does depend on how he handles this.

The only way he could be removed for office is if he's convicted and sent to jail for more than three months. With Harper's tough on crime initiatives, who knows if that is possible.

As far as I'm concerned, if Ford cared about Toronto he would resign. He is tainted and an ineffective political leader. Toronto is going through a phase of transformation and we need a leader who can do his job without controversy.

$70,065

It took almost exactly 24 hours for the last $10,000 to be raised, a far slower pace than before. I assume that a lot of potential donors are off to the cabin for the long weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back