415     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 532     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we know now that the Fords still intend on kicking the casket. It’s sad, so sad, using a man with problems they first turned a blind eye to and then used them for their own political needs. Shame and them.

Anyway, using a failed politician to prop up a more failed politician is par for D’Nation. To be fair, Populism is not going anywhere but it does have a self life. The more we elect these politicians and live with their morass the more we pay attention and realize that the circus does not serve us but only serves to obfuscate the fact the we are the losers electing them.

So, like, actual journalists showed up and covered this?

Are they waiting for the bars to open so they can think about how badly their careers have gone?
Bars and pubs are the traditional venues to discus politics. :)

So, like, actual journalists showed up and covered this?

Are they waiting for the bars to open so they can think about how badly their careers have gone?

Doug did it again! Attention whoring at it's best. Maybe now the journalists can get a grip and realize the Ford Fam is not newsworthy. OH yeah about this book.... Doug, it's not a 'tell all' book when you fabricate and twists the truth.... it becomes fiction, or a horror story. Well add another title on the list of books I won't buy.

Last edited:
He's watching Trump have all the fun, suck up all the news coverage, be talked about 24/7 on TV, and he's jealous... thinking "that could be me!"

That's been my train of thought for the past few months, i.e. that Dofo must be viewing the events across the border while grinding his teeth in sheer, envious rage that he hasn't been able to pull off the same stunt. But he's a small-time shit artist compared to Trump, as this morning's 'big' announcement goes to show. Strictly Amateur Hour with the Fords, as usual.

The twitter reaction is quite something. I don't think Doug is ready for the nationals.

I wonder if his ego is in any way capable of weathering the indifference or open hostility he's almost certainly going to encounter on his 'big' tour. The realities of Canadian politics being what they are, there was no way the Fords were to going to be able to expand their base beyond their tiny, insignificant fiefdom in Etobicoke. I doubt he'll even manage to adequately suck up to his fellow reactionaries. The anti-Toronto bias is too strong, and that taints him and his inbred clan as well.

Question 1: Rob Ford (and Doug Ford) actually didn't skip the composition courses when in school?

Question 2: They didn't use a ghost writer?

Question 3: How soon after will the antithesis book come out?

Question 4: Will Doug actually walk into the libraries to make sure their copies of his book hasn't been "accidentally" returned into the fiction section of the libraries.

Question 1: Rob Ford (and Doug Ford) actually didn't skip the composition courses when in school?

Question 2: They didn't use a ghost writer?

. . .

I have no doubt it'll be their words, but I sincerely doubt they put ever pen to paper.

Instead, they likely got it all down on hours and hours of rambling tape, and it was the job of some poor editor at Harper Collins to pull it all together, perhaps vetting it all with a lawyer as he or she went along to avoid the possibility of at the end having to chuck the whole thing. In fact half the juicy stuff Doug was threatening this morning probably never actually made it through the process, and—since he never actually read the manuscript—he thinks it's still all in there.

Remember how the folks at Sun News exhausted themselves pulling the first (and only) episode of the Fords's rambling talkshow together? This book was like that, except you'll have to pay to find out just how much. Me? I'll wait for Goldsbie's review, then maybe take it out of the liberry.

Warms says in his article that Rob spoke to a ghostwriter (him?) from his hospital bed. Then again, Warms also said that Ford called Trudeau a "snowboard instructor" today.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Thug tries to deny the existence of a ghostwriter and snatch all the credit himself for this (no doubt) literary masterpiece. It's how the Fords roll, after all.

What interests me is just how libelous the book's going to be. We all know the Fords wildly lie through their teeth whenever it suits them. The publishers' lawyers notwithstanding, there's no small amount of danger when the book's very appeal is salacious gossip and tabloid-level scandal, and when the "writer" happens to be an inveterate serial liar and sociopath who sees nothing wrong with his typically destructive behavior...that strikes me as an environment rich for law suits, wouldn't y'all say? Especially if Dofo is looking to dish out a little payback to his many enemies here, and is dumb enough to take his usual bull-inna-china-shop approach with claims that might not be exactly true. Heh, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back