264     0 
News   May 27, 2024
 380     0 
News   May 27, 2024
 705     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post but I've been following along since the beginning of this thread. I've never lived in Ward 2 but have spent a lot of time there over the past 20+ years because I have family and friends that live there. It's always saddened me to watch that area decline so much under the Fords' watch.

I just watched DoFo's interview on CP24, and it sounds like the funeral will be a total circus - he showed little flags that said "Ford Nation" on one side and "Rob Ford - Best Mayor" on the other, he mentioned that the family wanted an open casket at City Hall (but thankfully the City staff nixed that), the family intends to walk from City Hall to St. James with John Tory, city councillors, and possibly Kathleen Wynn with them, and there will be big screen TVs set up outside the church for people who can't fit inside to watch. Ugh.

On the subject of Renata (and this is what prompted me to finally sign up here), I was on Facebook earlier this morning, and was looking through the "what's trending" page on there with Rob Ford posts. She posted this:

"Rob and myself fell in love thru politics I was more into international politics and my husband was into Canadain politics.we believe in being trustworthy and work for the people not the opposite. The media John Tory and Ms. Wynne weré drove us to work so hard for the people where they are sneaky. He was a honest politician." Here's where I saw it (scroll down to see it) https://www.facebook.com/topic/Rob-...ce=whfrt&position=1&trqid=6266038289714555671

I didn't see that talked about anywhere in this thread so I thought I would mention it. (if it's been posted already and I missed it, apologies for repeating!)

Col. Flagg is really sounding like Dougie.

160325-0001.png

And in the comments...

160325-0002.png

Attachments

• 160325-0001.png
    160325-0001.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 504
  • 160325-0002.png
    160325-0002.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
No mention if Patrick Brown will be in attendance at the 3 day ordeal?

Doug's trying to put on a big show for the media - including the national and international ones to announce that the non-victim Ford is now in play.

What will attract the crowds will be the big news trucks in NPS and on Front Street, and maybe Geraldo and Anderson Cooper!

Last edited:
There's been talk about shutting down this thread. The IHTW post makes me think we should keep it going just so that they can't take our name. They must be getting tired of blasting the "HATE" word right in their name.

Last edited:
I didn't hear him mention Patrick Brown at all. He did say something like a thank you to Wynne and Trudeau for sending their condolences, and as someone else mentioned above, thanked John Tory for bending over backwards with the arrangements.

Oh Joy, looks like Doug organized a BIG dysfunctional family funeral circus for his little brother. Truly looking forward for this crap to cease. An open casket in a public space is unimaginable, it is a place of business where I presume staff is still expected to perform their normal duties. I wonder if the Cafe has offered the use of their walk in fridge to keep Robbie cool at night.

Like if you didn't know better you'd think its the funeral for the founding father, not someone who smoked crack and acted in all manners of inappropriateness while slacking on the job - if he even bothered to show up at all.

Showing up on TV with flags for the funeral? And we're told those of us who are critical are disgusting and have no class? Seriously, love is hate, war is peace....

AoD

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure that he meant that the flag he had was meant for the funeral, he was showing it to LeDrew in the context of "look what one of Rob's many fans gave me". He didn't specifically say that the flags would be available for the funeral or anything like that. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if they make an appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back