News   Jul 02, 2024
 2.1K     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 700     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
[URL='https://twitter.com/landiiskiez']Landii S ‏@landiiskiez 4h4 hours ago

Next week... I'll be able to change @TOgraeme to @graemeTO :( It's the memorial account Im running. Unbelievable. Breaks me inside #topoli

[/URL]

Landii S ‏@landiiskiez
48m48 minutes ago

Really if there was a #tech guru #techguru who could hack into the #account of @graemeTO and send me his archive I'd be your forever friend

----

At some point, someone needs to tell her to wake the hell up. If I were his family members I would put an end to this. A friend of mine recently passed and some of her competitors did some unethical things, trying to get her clients. Her family stepped in and told them to back off. Mind you, her family liked her, maybe his doesn't like him.

At some point, someone needs to tell her to wake the hell up. If I were his family members I would put an end to this. A friend of mine recently passed and some of her competitors did some unethical things, trying to get her clients. Her family stepped in and told them to back off. Mind you, her family liked her, maybe his doesn't like him.

A friend died in the September of 2014. Brain tumour that was just discovered; she died on the operating table during the biopsy. Very few people even knew she was going to be having the biopsy. One of her family members (her aunt I believe) has continued to post (abstractly) from this friend's Facebook and Twitter accounts, and has been liking other posts as this person. This started happening only days after her death, to the point that people didn't even know that anything had happened. As much as it pissed me off and as disrespectful of the dead it is, I let it go. People have really f-ed up ways of dealing with grief, and its not our place to dictate to them how they should get through it.

A friend died in the September of 2014. Brain tumour that was just discovered; she died on the operating table during the biopsy. Very few people even knew she was going to be having the biopsy. One of her family members (her aunt I believe) has continued to post (abstractly) from this friend's Facebook and Twitter accounts, and has been liking other posts as this person. This started happening only days after her death, to the point that people didn't even know that anything had happened. As much as it pissed me off and as disrespectful of the dead it is, I let it go. People have really f-ed up ways of dealing with grief, and its not our place to dictate to them how they should get through it.
A relative, I could see but she wasn't close to Graeme except in her mind. To think of her taking over his account even though the history won't be there is nuts.

Grief as well know is one of the most selfish emotions. Not that anyone would be in a position to stop it - but I think one should draw the line at not perpetuating the lie and prevent others from griefing.

AoD

Wonder if she'll deactivate it every other day?

Nothing some mental health counseling can't cure! Either way she is harmless albeit disturbed young lady who has been screaming for attention on Twitter. She adored Graeme and he would admonish her on occasions. If no one pays her the attention she craves she probably will cease her bizarre adulation for Graeme and move on. Lady Gaga is her favourite.

It's funny how Rob Ford went from being in the spotlight on a daily basis and an obsession on this site, to being practically forgotten. Things change so very quickly. I kinda miss the bad old days of checking this thread 10 times a day, for updates. lol

Lots of obstacles with this treatment, starting with how long it takes for the tumour to grow.

That's what I took away from the article. The other patient is fortunate that he's married to a doctor. IIRC he was diagnosed early so he's been able to stay on top of the tumours. I think at this point Rob is taking part in clinical trials, probably cost him a couple of bucks in donations. There goes Doug's camping money! :eek:

Lots of obstacles with this treatment, starting with how long it takes for the tumour to grow.
I thought they implanted the mice three months ago and were just getting around the the drug testing part now. But ya it sounds like it's a little late in the game.

I wonder how he's looking. I'm guessing it's an alarming difference since he's not taking photos or doing interviews--sort of like how Layton looked when he held that surprise news conference.

It's amazing how far cancer treatment has come though in really a short amount of time. Just imagine what they'll be able to do in 50-100 years.

Last edited:
I thought they implanted the mice three months ago and were just getting around the the drug testing part now. But ya it sounds like it's a little late in the game.
I wonder how he's looking. I'm guessing it's an alarming difference since he's not taking photos or doing interviews--sort of like how Layton looked when he held that surprise news conference.
It's amazing how far cancer treatment has come though in really a short amount of time. Just imagine what they'll be able to do in 50-100 years.

Yeah, Layton got that not long for the world cancer look at the news conference - and given the chubbiness of Ford, weight loss could be visually quite shocking.
Indeed - even the progress during the last 20 years had been pretty amazing.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back