427     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 517     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 643     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Randy was Rob at first. Then I noticed the running shoe on the guy on the left. Seriously, why not wear black shoes with that outfit, put on a blazer instead of a track jacket. What a freak.
yeah me too, so I guess both Rob and Randy were there. And yeah, you can buy black running shoes with no bright colour trims, black laces... people might not even notice at first glance. But Rob's too cheap I guess.

Apropos of nothing (hat tip: palma): I thought John Filion's book offered some interesting comments about the roots of Ford populism. Towhey's too, but not because he recognizes the issue.

That family parties like the Borgias

003-the-borgias-theredlist.jpg

A family followed by the Fords.

I'm guessing the reason Rob and Doug can't get their stories straight is because they both want the news to mean something different than it does and besides that, they're terrible listeners.

I don't really see Mikey stepping into either of his uncles' shoes - his politics aren't theirs and that's probably not palatable to Ford Nation.

https://twitter.com/1236/status/660869869886287876

12:36 ‏@1236 23h23 hours ago
funniest bit of John Filion's RoFo book stars @neilflagg

CSvho5nUYAEJOSq.jpg
CSvho5mUAAIHwTN.jpg

Filion writes what is probably going to be the closest thing to an apologia for Ford and it's not complimentary enough to Flagg's liking, of course.

Neil Flagg ‏@neilflagg 23h23 hours ago
@1236 LOL I'm flattered. Too bad Rob had to drop out of the race, we'll never know if I was right. Glad Filion doesn't deny it.

The guy's got problems.

It's always an occasion for cruel laughter whenever we get a peek into the overflowing toilet that is Neil Flagg's mind.

Oh, what fun it might be to visit Flagg's poster emporium and troll him by asking for stuff that doesn't exist and/or flies right in the face of his beliefs ...

Not least of which is delusions of grandeur/relevance. I can't believe Ezra Levant gives this guy a platform. No, wait, I can. Rebel Media is a pretend news organization that'll hire anyone, really.

TheRebel is the height of parody and satire written by and presented by misfits (and in some cases just to promote their books) and Col. Flagg adds their comedic content. Ezra was a joke on SNN, especially with his "Ethical Oil" special interest group that in no way invokes a COI when he evangelizes the oil sands.

David Rider ‏@dmrider 29m29 minutes ago

No health update from @TorontoRobFord but his office says the councillor, expected to restart chemo soon, hopes to be at tomo's council mtng

4:01 PM - 2 Nov 2015 · Details

So isn't this the meeting where he is going to bitch about his fellow councillors' spending habits and bring forth a motion to deal with them? And I'm sure he's going to get a nice reception from Thompson, Berardinetti and all the others he singled out for frivolous spending.

No health update from @TorontoRobFord but his office says the councillor, expected to restart chemo soon, hopes to be at tomo's council mtng

So isn't this the meeting where he is going to bitch about his fellow councillors' spending habits and bring forth a motion to deal with them? And I'm sure he's going to get a nice reception from Thompson, Berardinetti and all the others he singled out for frivolous spending.

The only way he can present this in Council is through a member's motion, and I believe those are pretty much kept to the end of the meeting.

Only then does he get to speak on that long list, but for only a few minutes, so it never amounts to much.

But then he gets to scrum!

I just hope one of the councillors beat him to the punch and first brings up a motion that councillors (and mayors) aren't able to use city staff members to go out on 3 hour sandwich runs for their daughters. And all the time while they are talking on the motion, they need to be staring at Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back