92     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 488     1 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 524     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mods have obviously allowed a little latitude. But I am proud of us today. Differing opinions were respectfully presented and some schooling may or may not have happened. There may be hope for us yet.

Agreed. Too much other silliness to deal with such stuff. I hope Dougie and/or Robbie get the hint, hopefully they, Col. Flagg or FN still read UT. :)

City boosts TTC bus service, restoring cuts made under Ford administration

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...de-under-ford-administration/article24584611/

Here! Here!

Good for her and her path.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yes, why drag Rob Ford's Escalade into it?

Speaking of which, any word on said Escalade's most frequent pilot? Still in hospital? It's been two weeks, hasn't it?

I won't be surprised if takes more than two weeks to get Rob ready to go home. My wife was in hospital for almost two weeks after keyhole surgery to remove a colon tumor, and she was otherwise in very good health. Rob had a much bigger operation and is hardly a role model for the fitness crowd. He may need a few extra days to be sure everything is working as it should.

I won't be surprised if takes more than two weeks to get Rob ready to go home. My wife was in hospital for almost two weeks after keyhole surgery to remove a colon tumor, and she was otherwise in very good health. Rob had a much bigger operation and is hardly a role model for the fitness crowd. He may need a few extra days to be sure everything is working as it should.

Oh I wouldn't be surprised either; I was just wondering if anyone had an update. I know someone who also had colon surgery, although not the keyhole type but was home after a only a week. Multiple complications ensued (rashes, heart problems) - not sure what the root cause was as the colon surgery appears to have been a success - but ended up back in ICU a few times. Sprung a leak once - like a fountain(!) - well after coming home.

Her whole tweet life is Ford based. Oh and pedophile wet dream photos of her kid.

Are we talking about the same account - because I've no idea how you could infer that from her account

Oh I wouldn't be surprised either; I was just wondering if anyone had an update. I know someone who also had colon surgery, although not the keyhole type but was home after a only a week. Multiple complications ensued (rashes, heart problems) - not sure what the root cause was as the colon surgery appears to have been a success - but ended up back in ICU a few times. Sprung a leak once - like a fountain(!) - well after coming home.

I don't know if this relevant to Rob, but I know my wife's doctors wanted her eating solid food and, uh, going about her business before release. There was one other thing, but I can't recall. Maybe pain levels. In any event, my wife would be good on two out of three on any given day as she got to the 10-day mark during her stay (her estimated time for in-patient recovery), but not all three at once. So they kept for a couple of extra days until everything worked right.

Funny story: there were a lot of gastric bypass patients on her ward, who also need their colon functioning before release. One day, we heard a shout from a nearby room. "I had a poo! I'm outta here. Whoo hoo!"

Do you think face on photos if kids is fine? Or is it just me who finds this a dangerous practice?

When my kids were in kindergarten and primary school, policy said parents could not post or publish photos of other people's children without express permission from their parent/guardian, even if part of a large crowd.

The result was that local newspapers did start blurring faces (and likely cropping photos differently). Not sure how that filtered down into actual practice though.

For one thing, earlier smartphones didn't have the Photoshop-like capabilities.

OTOH the parents who consumed a lot of tabloid TV and newspapers saw perverts, pedos and paparazzi around every corner became very conscientious about taking photos at all.

I don't know if this relevant to Rob, but I know my wife's doctors wanted her eating solid food and, uh, going about her business before release. There was one other thing, but I can't recall. Maybe pain levels. In any event, my wife would be good on two out of three on any given day as she got to the 10-day mark during her stay (her estimated time for in-patient recovery), but not all three at once. So they kept for a couple of extra days until everything worked right.

Funny story: there were a lot of gastric bypass patients on her ward, who also need their colon functioning before release. One day, we heard a shout from a nearby room. "I had a poo! I'm outta here. Whoo hoo!"

I had a hemicolectomy in January and they tried to kick me out the next day! I insisted on staying at least one more day, but then I was on my own. I'm sure Rob's surgery had many more complications. And yes, Cooper, I have never celebrated a fart so much in my life. *things you rarely say*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back