2.9K     6 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 939     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't he just go away?

"Doug Ford ready to take over some of Rob Ford's duties"

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...dy-to-take-over-some-of-rob-fords-duties.html

This is at least promising:

Told it sounds like he’s itching to go into battle, Ford’s voice dropped back down. “No, I can’t, I have to stay in the ward.”

Councillors’ volunteers can, the city says, perform tasks such as helping with constituency work. They have no “formal” decision-making powers, nor any role or vote at formal meetings, and no authority over staff of office expenses.

I guess he can't be signalling votes from the gallery.

Last edited:
And as usual, re Doug's "we'll never get rid of him" shenanigans, the overriding question remains: who's in charge of Deco?

People who work for a living.

Why can't he just go away?

"Doug Ford ready to take over some of Rob Ford's duties"

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...dy-to-take-over-some-of-rob-fords-duties.html

“I still have a long career in politics and by no means have I hung up the skates yet — that’s for sure.”

What the hell is he talking about, "I still have long career"? I see hell freezing over first, I'm guessing he is supporting climate change.

I guess he can't be signalling votes from the gallery.

I wonder what he feels like being one of those "special interest groups" he likes to go on about.

Last edited:
I mean that come May 11, the doctors will open him up and say "uh oh!"

It's likely tumour is still growing, but I wouldn't expect big surprises on surgery day. Rob's doctors have been dealing with this for some time and have a pretty good idea what they'll find. Things may be somewhat different when they can see the tumour in the flesh (as opposed to a scan image), but sudden and dramatic change? Not likely, IMO.

The cast of minor characters ( and some of the great handles) all seem to 've crawled out of a Pynchon novel. Singing Jimmi, jugga, officer Oral Sibblys formerly of the CFL. Princess, a loyal aide named Fickle.... maybe more Elmore Leonard..

There be a million stories in this here naked city!

That's why we need investigative columnists and bitsy video clips on a 24/7 loop.

The cast of minor characters ( and some of the great handles) all seem to 've crawled out of a Pynchon novel. Singing Jimmi, jugga, officer Oral Sibblys formerly of the CFL. Princess, a loyal aide named Fickle.... maybe more Elmore Leonard..

Don't forget Ford's lookalike Slurpy. And dear little Pumpkin from Muskoka. Jesus, what a rogues' gallery. As if the Fords weren't grotesque enough all by themselves...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back