720     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.2K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The city hall bomb threats stick in my craw in a big way. The union representing workers at city hall was supposed to be doing an investigation into those threats. Never heard a thing afterwards. How many resources were spent on that little stunt? Does anyone think Towheys book will shed any light on things? Or just muddy things up even more? Fecking Fords.
just because there was an investigation doesn't mean there were any conclusive results. I imagine it's very hard to track down anonymous threats.

From what I've heard about Towhey, he'll tell the truth when pressed in private but then lie about the same stuff publicly and denounces people who tell the truth. Makes me wonder how upfront he'll be in his book.

I expect zilch from his book. He will spill a few "drunk/stoned Rob" stories -- different from the ones we all know but not revealing anything new -- and the rest will be him defending himself and Rob's conservative policies. The title might suggest that it's some kind of "tell-all" on Ford but he will spend most of it defending Rob (poor out-of-control addict) and the rest of the Ford staffers and taking potshots at dysfunctional City Hall and tax-and-spend lefties.

He certainly doesn't want to contradict anything he said to police in the interviews (in the ITO) so it'd be hard to reveal things now if he said something different to police.

I think he delayed the book when the cancer announcement came out, because he didn't want to look like he was kicking a dying man when he's at his weakest (I wouldn't be surprised if the publisher saw it the same way -- just bad timing, not good for sales). Then he got involved with this Patrick Brown campaign, and it wouldn't be good for Brown if Towhey became the story -- especially if that story was about Rob Ford, drinking and the crack video scandal. His job is to be in the background and draw positive attention to Brown, not to be a distraction.

Towhey may be angling for a permanent position with Brown if he becomes PC leader. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he (Towhey) wishes there was no book, but it's too late, the book's been announced, the publisher has paid him and it has to come out. If he ever intended to reveal anything, it has probably been way watered down in subsequent re-edits. This story is old news and a lot of people in the city have moved on.

Last edited:

From Warmington, April 23:

"Former mayor Ford was not at Blair’s goodbye retirement gala Thursday night but says people should not read that as a snub. 'I am just trying to spend every minute possible with my family right now,' Ford said. 'I am having my surgery in 18 days and that is pretty well what is on my mind.'"

From Instagram, April 26:

Screen shot 2015-04-27 at 12.30.29 AM.png

Unless that's Renata taking the picture, Rob; you really aren't trying very hard.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-04-27 at 12.30.29 AM.png
    Screen shot 2015-04-27 at 12.30.29 AM.png
    348.8 KB · Views: 599

"Former mayor Ford was not at Blair’s goodbye retirement gala Thursday night but says people should not read that as a snub. 'I am just trying to spend every minute possible with my family right now,' Ford said. 'I am having my surgery in 18 days and that is pretty well what is on my mind.'"

From Instagram, April 26:

Unless that's Renata taking the picture, Rob; you really aren't trying very hard.

From the Instagram caption it is obvious that former Mayor Ford is at a buffet - probably with his family.

Third cousin twice removed on Diane's side no doubt.

Remember the photo of Rob with Sage Finestone, the eyebrow-less 21-year-old who was recently arrested for pimping out a 14-year-old girl in a T.O. hotel?

Wonder if he knows Lisi? And if so, who made the introduction?

I haven't heard of him involved with underage girls. When my friend saw him a few months ago he was with a girl that he thought looked probably 16-18.

I haven't heard of him involved with underage girls. When my friend saw him a few months ago he was with a girl that he thought looked probably 16-18.

You say you haven't heard of him involved with underage girls and yet you go on to say
"my friend saw him a few months ago he was with a girl he thought looked probably 16-18"

16-18 is considered underage

Your post makes NO SENSE at all!

Do you have proof to back up what you are saying? If not your post could be considered defamation of the worst kind! ( I am amazed that the owners of this site permit such posts since they are opening themselves up to MAJOR defamation lawsuits )

You say you haven't heard of him involved with underage girls and yet you go on to say
"my friend saw him a few months ago he was with a girl he thought looked probably 16-18"

16-18 is considered underage

Your post makes NO SENSE at all!

Do you have proof to back up what you are saying? If not your post could be considered defamation of the worst kind! ( I am amazed that the owners of this site permit such posts since they are opening themselves up to MAJOR defamation lawsuits )

I'm sure 16-18 is legal. It used to be 14 then Harper changed it to 16. Buddy just saw him at the mall with a girlfriend who looked maybe fresh out of high school. She could be in her 20s but just look younger. Who knows. I didn't say he was pimping. Some guy's going around posting that.

The city hall bomb threats stick in my craw in a big way. The union representing workers at city hall was supposed to be doing an investigation into those threats. Never heard a thing afterwards. How many resources were spent on that little stunt? Does anyone think Towheys book will shed any light on things? Or just muddy things up even more? Fecking Fords.

Towhey seems to be willing to throw anyone under the bus by telling an inconvenient truth, but also comfortable with telling a bald-faced lie. So I don't trust him any more than I trust Kouvalis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back