1.5K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 594     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely...

Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 2m2 minutes ago
. @MooreintheAM says Doug Ford told him he plans to attend council meetings, sit in gallery, signal "voting intention" during Rob's leave.

This is the same Doug Ford who once famously accused the entire public gallery of being "paid protestors" and not "real taxpayers"? Wow, can't wait to find myself a seat next to Dougie. Also signs & banners are specifically prohibited in the gallery.

It's 2015. Get the App.

Spot the Pothole - "spothole"
http://www.spotholechicago.com/content/learn

As Chicago demonstrates here, some urban constituent services can be semi automated. Maybe one day your app will dispatch robots to come fill the potholes as well.

I wonder if Doug noticed this idea when in Chicago, being that pothole reportage is a core Ford service offering?

I wonder if Doug noticed that, although Chicago and Toronto have close to the same number of people, Chicago's debt is roughly ten times that of Toronto and it has regularly run budget deficits in the hundreds of millions of dollars, while Toronto's is effectively zero, by law.

I wonder if Doug noticed that all the city building he crows about in Chicago actually costs money…so, of course, do apps and pothole filling robots!

I wonder if Doug noticed that, although Chicago and Toronto have close to the same number of people, Chicago's debt is roughly ten times that of Toronto and it has regularly run budget deficits in the hundreds of millions of dollars, while Toronto's is effectively zero, by law.

I wonder if Doug noticed that all the city building he crows about in Chicago actually costs money…so, of course, do apps and pothole filling robots!

Perhaps the only thing he has learned from Chicago is the inbredness of their municipal politics - i.e. Daley. I can see why he is smitten by the quasi-hereditary mayoralty though, given his designs.

AoD

This is the same Doug Ford who once famously accused the entire public gallery of being "paid protestors" and not "real taxpayers"? Wow, can't wait to find myself a seat next to Dougie. Also signs & banners are specifically prohibited in the gallery.

He'll be just like the people at the budget deputations that he and Rob dismissed as unemployed troublemakers, the only kind of people who could be in the gallery during the day.

Does Doug actually do any kind of work now?

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 39s39 seconds ago
"I read all about Mr. Ford coming down to City Hall to be a 'volunteer,' I just sort of smile" Mayor John Tory #TOpoli
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 28s28 seconds ago
"I'll just leave my comment at that" Mayor John Tory on Doug Ford volunteering during Rob Ford's surgery recovery #TOpoli

Good response.

Wasn't it more like: he was blocked running for the Etobicoke North nomination vs John Hastings, so he ran for Etobicoke Centre vs Chris Stockwell (and lost), instead?

I sit corrected. So Daddy was even more of a loser than I thought. Quite the political legacy.

I sit corrected. So Daddy was even more of a loser than I thought. Quite the political legacy.

And that's exactly why Da boys are like they are. Sr. probably ran around claiming he was cheated because really, he's the greatest there is. And he'd punch out anyone who claimed the opposite. They really are the perfect psychological dysfunction case. LOL

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/71087

http://www.amazon.com/Ford-Nation-T...ack-smoking/dp/1508525250?tag=viglink22125-20

Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 12.29.44 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 12.29.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 12.29.44 PM.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 536
And that's exactly why Da boys are like they are. Sr. probably ran around claiming he was cheated because really, he's the greatest there is. And he'd punch out anyone who claimed the opposite. They really are the perfect psychological dysfunction case. LOL

The only one that turned out well is their Muslim adopted brother. (As measured by the fact that one never hears anything from or about him.)

The greatest joke of all this dynasty talk has been what a useless, short-term backbencher Doug Sr. was. I looked him up in the Hansard once and he spoke at Queen's Park perhaps a dozen times, mostly just saying boilerplate, "Our government is awesome," stuff.

For whatever it's worth, Rob's political accomplishments are far more substantial; as local councillor for 10 years he surely did more for the local community than Doug Sr. did as MPP, as weird as that may seem. So the idea that this tradition of great public service started with dad has always been the Big Lie upon which Ford Nation is built. The reality is that he and Diane raised some very damaged people, and it's kind of sad that this lie and their public personas have laid it all out for all the world to see.

From the first link:

"While it is easy to see how fiscal conservatives support his mantras of stopping the gravy train and respect for taxpayers, it is difficult for those unfamiliar with Toronto politics to understand why he received continued support after admitting smoking crack in one of his drunken stupors and after having been videotaped making derogatory comments about gays, Jews and blacks. But they did."

It's not so difficult. As a wise man once said, half the people your know are below average. And a significant proportion of people don't care to have their lives complicated by having to justify or examine their beliefs. Just give them someone that validates them.

At $14.95 for a whopping 156 pages (large font? pictures?) I expect it's aimed directly at the target market.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back