276     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The study does specify emergency surgeries. This is scheduled surgery, which may make a difference. I have no idea what kind of prep advice Robbie's doctors might have given him (or if he will have taken any of it that has to do with diet and nutrition, especially if radiation suppressed appetite) but maybe vitamins and supplements can offset some of the risk with advance notice.

This is assuming that Rob would listen to a doctor if they told him to stop eating at Steak Queen.

To be fair he looks good in that shot. Perhaps its a function of my hand held but I cant figure out what he is doing. But It looks like he might have good form with a curling rock.

rob_ford_truck.jpg

Ah, not washing, just holding on for dear life. Mystery solved.
Next mystery: What was in those damn manila envelopes!

Last edited:
http://www.cp24.com/video?clipId=585030

Rob is clueless and thinks he can control what happens regarding the Ward 2 council seat. The fact is that if he resigns, council is NOT obliged to hold a by-election to let Doug win. They would save a lot of money to just appoint someone. I mean, what about respect for taxpayers?

Last edited:
Just saw an episode of new show Battle Creek. Story line focused on crack smoking mayor and his bridesmaid brother who tries to kill the mayor with a remote control gun.When the mayor is kidnapped it turns out he had his dealer break him out of hospital to party. The mayors brother then switches out some of his oxys for digitalis to invoke a heart attack. The show is product of Breaking Bad producer and House producer ( London Ont. native David Shore) trying their hand at a fish out of water cop in northern Michigan (what?) comedy.Tonight's episode was awesome. The brother cries out his anguish at being overshadowed by he who gets away with everything as if the "laws of gravity just don't apply"

Last edited:
"Nearly one in five severely obese Canadians who require emergency surgery will not survive to be discharged home, new research into the latest fallout of the country’s weight problem suggests."

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...ns-die-in-hospital-after-an-emergency-surgery

It's a weird study, as they seem to have a fairly flexible definition of "emergency" (the article actually goes on to describe "urgent" cases). It's fair to say that the complication rates for emergency or urgent/semi-elective ORs are invariably higher than purely elective ones. There's a big difference between a 75 year old with a few stable comorbidities going in for an elective hip replacement and that same patient going to the OR for a bowel perforation.

In RF's case, he'll be going for a very invasive, prolonged OR that would be high risk for anyone let alone a morbidly obese guy with substance abuse issues. Longer cases (and 8-10 hours is very, very long) have higher risk in themselves - more blood clots, fluid shifts, temperature changes, exposure to anesthetic drugs - and the kind of aggressive debulking he'll get will have much greater risk of complications in itself.

So... it's not exactly "good news" even though it's not immediately as bad as being "inoperable".

It's a weird study, as they seem to have a fairly flexible definition of "emergency" (the article actually goes on to describe "urgent" cases). It's fair to say that the complication rates for emergency or urgent/semi-elective ORs are invariably higher than purely elective ones. There's a big difference between a 75 year old with a few stable comorbidities going in for an elective hip replacement and that same patient going to the OR for a bowel perforation.

In RF's case, he'll be going for a very invasive, prolonged OR that would be high risk for anyone let alone a morbidly obese guy with substance abuse issues. Longer cases (and 8-10 hours is very, very long) have higher risk in themselves - more blood clots, fluid shifts, temperature changes, exposure to anesthetic drugs - and the kind of aggressive debulking he'll get will have much greater risk of complications in itself.

So... it's not exactly "good news" even though it's not immediately as bad as being "inoperable".

Speaking as an oldtimer in the journo business, I'd say it's a weird article rather than a weird study. The writer is not in control of their vocabulary.

I'm thinking this whole business of Doug stepping in is to try to maintain Ford brand awareness. Plus, they don't want to let Tory cruise for five months. How ridiculous to suggest it's so important a Ford be at City Hall that bylaws should be amended lol.

I'm thinking this whole business of Doug stepping in is to try to maintain Ford brand awareness. Plus, they don't want to let Tory cruise for five months. How ridiculous to suggest it's so important a Ford be at City Hall that bylaws should be amended lol.

Probably right - then again this is the guy who suggested that Robbie should become deputy mayor due to, I don't know, that he has smoked crack?

AoD

Speaking as an oldtimer in the journo business, I'd say it's a weird article rather than a weird study. The writer is not in control of their vocabulary.

Well. That's a given. Also a weird study inasmuch as there was no control group to compare to a non-obese patient population.

Well call me Mr. Brightside but it looks like Rob is going to finally lose all that weight for real this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back