116     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 962     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 876     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any sign of Renata or Diane or Randy or Kathy? You know, immediate family. This seems like a huge set-up to me.

Huge set-up? Of biblical proportions, I'd say. Tomorrow is Good Friday! The timing is unbelievable.

Has anyone called Steak Queen and booked a table for 13?

Any sign of Renata or Diane or Randy or Kathy? You know, immediate family. This seems like a huge set-up to me.

I was really surprised to see Ford arrive with Doug instead of his wife. Not surprised that Doug immediately turned into a press event.

Ya, that's a good backup to have. Still, he lives right close by with his parents. Could've easily been targeted.

After reading about the smack down Lisi took at the hands of rofo and being aware of jailhouse beatings Lisi is just calculating who it would be safer to stick by. Vertigo indeed. This boy is out of any good options.

Question: Do you think the Fords already know the outcome of the meeting? Seems odd to be having all this set up if the news could be bad. If it was me, I'd want some private to digest the news before making a statement. Then again, I'm not a Ford.

I thought that very thing.

It's a win/win for Dougie. He gets the media coverage, AND the backlash against it, to bolster the whole poor-me victim thing.

Insightful. Perhaps giving them too much credit.

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 2.42.11 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 2.42.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 2.42.11 PM.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 486
I was really surprised to see Ford arrive with Doug instead of his wife. Not surprised that Doug immediately turned into a press event.

Doug Jr did that much earlier. He was the one who alerted the press on when Robbie was due to go to MSH.

I wonder how strict/flexible doctors are in terms of when a tumour is small enough to operate on.

From what I've read it's all about margins, not size. Some people with this cancer reported immediate surgery on basketball sized tumours. Others have reported removal of organs along with much smaller tumours to ensure clean margins of cancer-free tissue.

My guess is that Ford's tumour is pressed up against something that couldn't easily be removed to get clean margins, like a major artery or vein. Presumably the need to shrink the tumour was to create clean margins.

But as sweetlou would say, I've spent zero days in medical school. I'm just speculating.

From what I've read it's all about margins, not size. Some people with this cancer reported immediate surgery on basketball sized tumours. Others have reported removal of organs along with much smaller tumours to ensure clean margins of cancer-free tissue.

My guess is that Ford's tumour is pressed up against something that couldn't easily be removed to get clean margins, like a major artery or vein. Presumably the need to shrink the tumour was to create clean margins.

But as sweetlou would say, I've spent zero days in medical school. I'm just speculating.

That's pretty much my understanding, too. And even with clean margins, there is still significant risk of recurrence or metastisis after surgery for PLS. I don't buy the "dead man walking" line, but even if the news is good, Rob still has a difficult and risky row to hoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back