888     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.9K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no fiscal conservative in city hall that can run lemonade stand without bankrupting it, let alone manage the city's budget. And that including Tory. First he would cut revenue (i.e the lemonade price) to attract more customers. Whatever sales revenue is lost will be recovered through efficiencies (i.e stop buying paperclips or whatever). Of course there are never enough efficiencies to make up for lost revenue, and sometimes there will also be surprise expenses (i.e the sun umbrella needs replacement due to UV damage. A pink umbrella would have lasted much longer and save money over the long term, but conservatives only think about short term cost). So what happens next is he will borrow money to get through the current fiscal year, and pay it back + interest some other time. When concerned customers ask if his lemonade business will still be solvent next year, he'll just dismiss your concerns. "I’m confident that when we begin next year’s process we’ll be finding those efficiencies."

^That's an actual quote regarding the looming 2016 budget crisis. What an idiot.

LOL, I loved this. Spot on.

there was a disturbing trend of this awhile ago - not so much pranking the station as being disrespectful to female reporters.

Yeah, I wouldn't call it a prank, I'd call it puerile misogynistic crap. Hope the guy's bosses see it and fire him.

Yeah, I wouldn't call it a prank, I'd call it puerile misogynistic crap. Hope the guy's bosses see it and fire him.

People are looking for their few minutes of fame without thinking how stupid they end up looking. It's also the station's fault for not having a 7 second delay.

And here we go kids. Council is off to a great start with Mammo and Ford voting to not even discuss the budget. And then they start to giggle.

And here we go kids. Council is off to a great start with Mammo and Ford voting to not even discuss the budget. And then they start to giggle.

Ford Nation Bingo:
Referenced the gravy train already. Everybody drink!

ETA: Recorded vote. Everybody drink!

Last edited:
Last edited:
I really can't tell if he doesn't know how to spell write properly, or if he just cut off the "W" before it. Normally you'd expect the latter, but...

I really can't tell if he doesn't know how to spell write properly, or if he just cut off the "W" before it. Normally you'd expect the latter, but...

Looks to me like shorthand from whoever wrote/supervised the release. They probably wanted to end on a stronger statement, but didn't have anything in mind. Then Rob's people — known for their thoroughness — released the working draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back