728     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 889     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 626     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else surprised by how quiet Robyn Doolittle has been lately? It was no secret in media circles that her and Toronto Star ex-collaborator Kevin Donovan did not get along, which in addition to a hearty pay raise, sent her to the Globe. It is quite telling that while Donovan has continued to make headlines with his investigations - exposing the Ghomeshi scandal and revealing the conflict of interest case with Global's Leslie Roberts - Doolittle has hardly made a peep. It does hint at who was likely the commander of the Ford investigation.

This. Often it causes simply hair loss, but not generally loss of all hair, depending on the agents involved. And, really, we know that Robbie shaved his head to better resemble his favourite comic book hero... villain Kingpin.

;)

ever time I see him I think Uncle Fester.

Anyone else surprised by how quiet Robyn Doolittle has been lately? It was no secret in media circles that her and Toronto Star ex-collaborator Kevin Donovan did not get along, which in addition to a hearty pay raise, sent her to the Globe. It is quite telling that while Donovan has continued to make headlines with his investigations - exposing the Ghomeshi scandal and revealing the conflict of interest case with Global's Leslie Roberts - Doolittle has hardly made a peep. It does hint at who was likely the commander of the Ford investigation.

I was wondering the same thing. I can't remember seeing anything from her in months. Maybe her and McArthur have something big in the works. You're right, they don't like each other.

Perhaps she wants to move onto new topics. She works for a national paper now, not a municipal one, so the possible new opportunities of national topics may have attracted her to the Globe....in addition to money and riddance of KD. Certainly many of her Globe articles have been outside of the Rob Ford topic http://www.theglobeandmail.com/authors/robyn-doolittle

Last edited:
I always just assumed that the only reason she was involved was because she happened to be the one that the broker called, but otherwise it was all Kevin Donovan.

I always just assumed that the only reason she was involved was because she happened to be the one that the broker called, but otherwise it was all Kevin Donovan.
I'd say that's pretty much the truth. She was a junior city hall reporter at the time. That said, I'd say the research in the book is her own, and RD deserves full credit, AFAIK.

The Flagg Followers/Ford Nation have turned to campaign mode again, and still can't realize Robbie quit pretending to be a leader.

I Hate The War on Mayor Rob Ford - Yesterday at 10:44

If you want to be able to vote for Rob's choice for next Premier this spring, join up here before Feb. 28. You have to be at least 14 years of age, a regular resident of Ontario, not be a member of any other Provincial party, and pay $10. Where it says "I was personally recruited by", enter "Mayor Rob Ford".

Last edited:
I asked someone about this Monte guy and he said it is basically a two way race between Christine Elliott and Patrick Brown.

Last edited:
I asked someone about this Monte guy and he said it is basically a two way race between Christine Elliott and Patrick Brown.

Well, from whatever I gather, Patrick Brown seems poised to inherit the "Frank Klees" demographic of socons and suburban "ethnics". Which, in a way, might be closer to what the Ford-voting bloc is *really* all about--maybe a RoFo-supported Monte will throw his support to Brown?

And somehow, it's difficult for me to imagine Lisa McLeod being out of the picture.

She didn't work in investigations, she was the city hall reporter who got the call. I don't follow her on twitter anymore but she probably is working on other things at the Globe. Of course, I'm hoping she's working on something massive that can bring down the family for good, but I won't hold my breath.

I wonder if RoFo is hiring because someone quit. Graeme has gone dark and Amin no longer works for RoFo. Can't say I miss either one of them.

I wonder if RoFo is hiring because someone quit. Graeme has gone dark and Amin no longer works for RoFo. Can't say I miss either one of them.

I can imagine RoFo as the sort who, now that he's "just" Councillor, might have thought he could do everything on his own. Sort of like an ex-husband who thinks he can do all his own cooking until he nearly burns the kitchen down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back