477     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 514     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 514     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
As ever, we overestimate his "natural" support by referring to the mayoral election. Doug Ford benefited from an incumbency effect, and against a very different opponent in John Tory than he ever would with Wynne or Horvath. At the local level, he would be a loose cannon who would create problems for the party leadership which is hardly going to let itself get co-opted by a self-aggrandizing personality cult.

And it's not even his personality cult; God alone knows why, but Slob was the "popular" one, not Thugg-o. Indeed, with his Death's Head rictus grin, Thug's about as cuddly as a rattlesnake. As stupidly stubborn as most of the Tea Party-esque rabble that makes up Ford Nayshun may be, will they really flock to Douggie's banner once his pig-faced brother is dead and buried? He wasn't able to win the Mayor's office, after all...

Last edited:
People stilll feeling various things about Robbie...

Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 11.38.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 11.39.54 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 11.38.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 11.38.38 AM.png
    233.2 KB · Views: 687
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 11.39.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 11.39.54 AM.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 672
Last edited:
Tory is just a placeholder until Robbie beats cancer, then JT will gladly step aside for the "real" mayor to take his rightful place as the voice of this city...

Warmington continues to embarrass himself. And I guess Rob is going to put a damper on the Cavalcade of Lights tonight. He might go out in a blaze of glory since he has nothing to lose at his last official event.

I think he'll feel too sick from the chemo treatment to go, plus I don't think he'll want to celebrate his last official duty as mayor. Then again, he might want to grab his last few minutes of fame and he'll chance getting sick again.

eta - I'm betting he stays home, but I could be wrong, I'm not perfect:D

Last edited:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/95m71p0odhyjdqm/Mayor-elect-John-Tory-declares-interests.pdf

Interesting team, no? (Covers the left to right spectrum and co-opts the 'enemy's supporters' by using two people known to have worked for the Emperor of Ford Nation.)

Rust D'Eye - not usually identified as left or right - advised Robbie re the un-delegation by City Council of powers previously delegated to the Mayor by City Council and the reduction made to the Mayor's office staff budget and space to reflect the diminution in role, and presumably gave sound advice: namely, that Robbie had no case.

Ruby - long-time left-ish; acted for the applicant in the COI case re donations to Robbie's football foundation.

Barlow - long-time right (esp. Harris era OPC); acted for Robbie in the inquiry into campaign spending irregulariies, and did a good job for his client inasmuch as the Compliance Audit Committee was persuaded that the violations found were too minor to warrant prosecution.

Last edited:
What a bunch of drivel!

This asshat brings new meaning to the word "biased." If he likes you, he will only write good things regardless of if they are deserved, and the opposite if he doesn't. This man has never had a critical thought in his life, and only in modern faux journalism could he ever hold a job.

Take his article on Miller's last Remembrance Day speech. If Ford had spoken it, he would have described it as a thought provoking tribute to those who sacrificed their lives for our freedom. But because Miller spoke it...

http://www.torontosun.com/news/columnists/joe_warmington/2010/11/11/16098161.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back