1.2K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 971     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're on the topic of the deterioration of politics, the absolute ironic waste of resources by no-tax, no-government ideologues, and how Canada has changed, I note the death today of Gough Whitlam. Gough was Australia's Trudeau, a progressive Prime Minister during the 1970s who brought that country forward and into the light.

+1

That was a really interesting time in Australia, with the constitutional crisis in 1975 that ended the Whitlam government, and the subsequent Fraser administration.

Ever think that maybe D Ford was trying show what Woodbine could be 60 odd years after a racetrack is closed and redeveloped? It would a little difficult in using the old Long Branch or Thorncliffe track sites.....

And then there's the racetrack that used to be at Bathurst and Davenport, which is now a maintenance facility for buses and *cough* streetcars.

Sigh. I shop there. I live in the area (ok, King & Dufferin, but that's my goddamn mall). Have for 20 years. Am I therefore a bottom-feeder? Am I therefore automatically FN? Don't generalize.

I used to shop at Dufferin Mall too. I like that it is enclosed and has underground parking. But, since the Stockyards opened, I usually go there instead. I also like Cloverdale Mall.

Honeydale Mall? R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back