News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 594     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Poll???

Another new poll out, Great! But WTF ... Crazy Time in Crazy Town.

OK, so I've got a landline, but can someone explain to me, if the samples are random (usually of about 1200 contacts) how one phone number can be contacted by different firms three times (at least) in one week, over several weeks? Some have been repeats by the same firms over several weeks. Is it me? If you hang up on them do they throw you back in the bin, or in a special one to be tortured with repeat call backs?

I'm in Ward 27 (Wong Tam's) so could they be focusing on traditionally "progressive" wards to see if we're trending to Tory or returning to Chow? Also got a robo-call from another candidate who started out announcing the electorate is "looking for a change" and announcing her support for JT. Can't wait for Monday.

New poll??? What is this "new poll" of which you speak? I can't find any reference to it anywhere.

While we're on the topic of the deterioration of politics, the absolute ironic waste of resources by no-tax, no-government ideologues, and how Canada has changed, I note the death today of Gough Whitlam. Gough was Australia's Trudeau, a progressive Prime Minister during the 1970s who brought that country forward and into the light.

Sydney Morning Herald business columnist Michael Pascoe might as well be writing in Canada:

"His contribution had been huge and the years were reducing him. And even Gough had suggested that even Gough might not be immortal. To recall a phrase, it was time.

So why does his inevitable and any-day-now-for-the-past-several-years death strike such a chord?

The optimism, the positivity, the change, the opening up, the justice, the independence, the betterment of the nation, the internationalisation that Whitlam sought and represented has been replaced after four decades with a more general negativity, with so little ambition, with a conservative determination to uphold the status quo or even return to some earlier imagination of it, with white-bread nationalism resplendent.

I fear we don't mourn Gough, but ourselves."

http://www.smh.com.au/business/we-d...-ourselves-20141021-1195kc.html#ixzz3Gjxkqhro

That was grouse, Braa.

Does seem implausible.

So does anything over 33% for Doug Ford.

Ari isn't appealing to the Crazy, so no 27% for him. Under 20% is par for any candidate with ideas in this game. I wonder if that 15% isn't the 'I Really Hate Doug Ford' vote. Ari is the only one delivering the whoop-ass.

But hey, the truth is out there. Not that the pollsters have any to report. So far all they do is tickle our tingly bits to sell clicks and newspapers.

Mayor ignored this request, because of course he did, and because obviously no one loves, cares, or respects TO more than this guy pictured here.

rob-ford-kiss.jpg

And if that's the "before", this would make a fitting "after"

0lucabrasi.jpg

From tonight's debate--it's always in someone's backyard, isn't it?

ddale8 11:43pm via Twitter Web Client
Ford quote I missed tonight: "I'm pro-development. But I'm only pro-development (if) it's not in someone's backyard."

Seems about the right demographic for FordVillage: antisocial substance abuser with various personality disorders; a malcontent with no impulse control and no ability to plan for the future (are you sureyou are going to want tattoos on your face when you're 70? etc.) Also he's wearing the hat they call "The Randy".

Some how I don't think he will make it that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back