News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.9K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
First of all, addiction is a disease. It does not necessarily have anything to do with bad mothering skills. Addiction runs in my family. If you want to tell me that I suffer from addiction because my mother is a bad mother, you can rot a slow death in hell.

Second, denial is extremely powerful. My father was a severe alcoholic for years, and my mother didn't or couldn't see it until he almost died. It had nothing to do with her being self centered and greedy.

Addiction concerns both "nature and nurture".

"Etobicoke parks are nothing like the programmed and animated ones in downtown or North York."
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...xposes_torontos_troubled_past_and_future.html

I live very close to High Park, which has always been run by the City.

But Metro operated:

Morningside Park
Glen Rouge Park and stables
Humber Bay Park
Colonel Samuel Smith Park
Sunnybrook Park and stables
Toronto Islands and the Toronto Island ferry services
Bluffers Park
Colonel Danforth Park
Lower Don Parkland / Don Valley Brickworks
Marie Curtis Park

I've probably forgotten a few.

They had nothing to do with the city or boroughs.

Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags
Tory to be endorsed tomorrow by sitting minister Liberal MPP Reza Moridi and CFL star Michael "Pinball" Clemons.

I thought, from watching that peanut butter thing with Doug ( remember that creepy pic of Doug and Rena Heer omg ) and Mrs. DoFoSr. that Pinball was a friend of FoFam?

What is the world coming too? Doug must be pissed!

I retweeted her tweet about it and tagged @311Toronto. he's not supposed to be at the polling stations!

Witness a crime? Drop a dime!

Last edited:
Remember when we didn't like Pinball hanging around with the Ford family?

Clemons is a businessman and might be interested in politics himself someday. you don't burn your bridges. Pinball might think that either Doug Ford or Olivia Chow would make a fine mayor; but he just happens to believe that John Tory would make an even better one. Endorsements don't have to be about "I pick this guy because I HATE HATE HATE everyone else."

Actually..., wouldn't it be great if instead of "holding our nose and picking the lesser evil" we were voting in an election where we actually had to decide who was the best of the bunch among several really great candidates?
(no, I'm not drunk ;) )

Pinball likely knew Tory from their CFL days so that's why he's backing him. I just love how nobody is endorsing Doug.

I retweeted her tweet about it and tagged @311Toronto. he's not supposed to be at the polling stations!

Who wants to Spin The Wheel of replies on this one.

- Ford mouthpiece says it's ok, nothing going on here, it's resolved kthxbai.

- Mayor Rob Ford simply cares about getting taxpayer regular folks to vote, it's about as political as pissing on trees in a public park. Someone has to do it, if the leftists pinkos wants to make Rob the bad guy, well say hello to the bad guy.

- 311 is biased bureaucracy gravy folks. EEEeeeeh, it's a snitch line that's what it is! If there's a problem just call me, your mayor, I get things done unlike those pack of weasel monkeys down at city hall.

- Go F%$$& yourselves, this is a free country, I do what I want when I want it, this is -my- F#&$@NG town! No one tells ME what to do! Taverner! Get your bony ass in here, tell these AS%$OLES who run crazy town?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgq4w4dqKsU

- ....Whatcha gonna do about it,huh? Here's me giving a flying F&%* about it. Teflon Don, baby!

rob_ford.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

I just love how nobody is endorsing Doug.

Except 2010 John Tory, of course. I had forgotten about Doug's announcement so when I recently saw a commercial which ominously informed me that in 2010 John Tory had endorsed Doug Ford I wondered whether it was an official Chow ad or a third party. I was quite surprised to find out it was an official Doug Ford ad, because "John Tory is so terrible that he once endorsed ME!" doesn't seem like a winning message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back