499     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 689     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cynthia Mulligan
@CityCynthia
@ddale8 We did award-winning scandal coverage(even specials) Serious issues on policy were being ignored. Wanted a story w/a different focus

Nice deflection...not.

They are ignoring it at the moment, they are more than likely formulating a spin.

Subways!

Last edited:
Last edited:
[Pedantic historian]No he isn't, he's the opposite of a Luddite. The Luddites appeared when the British government banned trade unions. Contrary to popular belief, they didn't simply smash up machinery, they specifically targeted certain employers. At the time, many employers banded together to create large factories, each having their own machines in the same building. The Luddites would go in, smash the machines of bad bosses, and leave the machines of good bosses alone. When the British government backtracked and allowed trade unions to operate again, the Luddites disappeared overnight. They were never anti-technology, they were anti-bad bosses.[/pedantic historian] .

I love being schooled at U.T.U.

Sounds like it's time for Doug to face the Muzik.

*cue CSI Miami theme* Yeaaaaaahh
giphy.gif

Jude MacDonald ‏@judemacdonald 52m52 minutes ago
I am unable to comment or confirm anything right now. I would like to thank the Globe for its diligence & professionalism. (That's sarcasm.)

Hmm... did the Globe jump the gun on the story or report something inaccurate?

I wonder if Jude not happy that the G&M described her as an activist. Which you know is code to a lot of people out there as "out to get Ford"

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    934.7 KB · Views: 691
I wonder which 4 story in Inglewood? I'm guessing one of the bricked ones on 9th Ave?

Thanks for the response RE: TO. I haven't been there, and am trying to wrap my head around the "divide" between the Yokels and the normal thinking people. Here, the parasites all work and shop in Calgary, but claim it's a dangerous wasteland not fit for child raising, hence why they scurry back in their prolonged rush hour and pay their property taxes elsewhere.

Yes, one of those big red-brick ones on 9th. 127K! Of course, this was back when 17th was basically just the Ship & Anchor. Don't know what Inglewood is like now, but I'm sure it's doing just fine. Been back to YYC a few times for work, but schedule did not permit.

The 'dangerous wasteland not fit for child raising' pearl-clutch was actually ably performed by our ex-deputy mayor, Doug Holyday, when he expressed shock and despair that parents might try to raise young 'uns downtown. Specifically, he worried that 'Little Ginny' might meet her untimely end in the meat-grinder, mean streets of the air-conditioned, condo-lined hell of downtown. Good times. And, of course, a great many people from outside Metro proper do commute for work, but their tax burden is dispersed elsewhere. We need to toll the roads.

So, what does all this have to with 'Rob Ford's Toronto'? Just that as a city grows and uneasy bedfellows are made of more conservative suburban residents and densely packed 'downtown elites' (Toronto, so many Range Rovers and so few ranges to rove), resentments arise. The Fords have been masterful at exploiting them.

Last edited:
Jazz daddy .[/QUOTE] I was wondering where you had been. Hi.

Atta girl, Jude!

This times a million. Cannot imagine how her day was yesterday.

It may be more earth shattering once the details emerge. And just the possibility of being barred from office? Priceless! Go Jude!

Upthread was a post by someone far cleverer than I who knew how this might affect rofo's pension. Anyone recall?

AriGoldkind 12:38pm via Twitter for Android
I'm very pleased to announce that I'll be debating @oliviachow @johntoryTO & @DougFord2014 on Sunday at 7pm @UJAFederation.

Let's all recall the Jewish ex exec at deco who quit over les frods racism.
You can hear the "They're all corrupt, Chow lived in public housing / Tory (did something)" already, if you listen hard enough.

I doubt it will matter. Conflict of Interest laws in Canada appear to be guidelines, not actual "laws", as such.

Is this the third time for Rob?

Not to forget .. thanks Soknacki and team.

I am so proud of UT today. This has been a healing day for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back