822     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 735     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 566     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be voting for the candidate I feel can best handle a "Mayor Rudolph Giuliani" moment. ie: Take command of a disaster at 3 A.M.

I, too, remember being very impressed with Rudy's presence on September 11th.

Only later did it slowly come to light that he was a massive right-wing tool. Of course, New Yorkers had known this for some time.

So, Canista, I respectfully suggest you rejig your considerations.

I'll be voting for the candidate I feel can best handle a "Mayor Rudolph Giuliani" moment. ie: Take command of a disaster at 3 A.M.

I've listened to Rob, Doug, and forgive me for saying this because I too think she is a nice lady, Mrs Chow.

JT has been accused of being a slick / smooth / fast talker. Maybe he is, but that's the type of talker I expect to see in command of Emergency Operations if / when the sh!t hits the fan:
http://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Toronto/Office of Emergency Management/Files/pdf/E/emergency_plan.pdf

^ I find the date on the above interesting: December 19, 2013

After Rob had been put on Modified Duty as MINO.

I've been concerd something gawd-awful might happen on Rob's watch. I guess they were too.

This is what I worry about too. With the pan am games and recent terrorist declarations against Canada, I'd be scared shitless if these idiots were in charge

I, too, remember being very impressed with Rudy's presence on September 11th.

Only later did it slowly come to light that he was a massive right-wing tool. Of course, New Yorkers had known this for some time.

So, [spelling error redacted], I respectfully suggest you rejig your considerations.

Naheed Nenshi and the Calgary flood of 2013 might be better examples. The guy worked really hard to know exactly what was going on, and was awesome in the clarity and humour of his communication. He obviously loved the spotlight, but at the same time worked with all of Council as a team, and gave the appropriate emergency management pros lots of face time and support.

Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie
Seems Doug Ford *will* be going up against Tory, Chow, Goldkind, and Baskin in tomorrow's debate moderated by the frontman of Fucked Up.

This doesn't seem like a Ford friendly debate. He will have to stack the audience.

If given the opportunity, Ari would tear Doug to pieces. It would be truly ugly. Man, I hope this happens.

You mean literally shred him up, right? ;)
Man, I hope that happens. Or, at least slap the fool.....it's very obvious that intelligent discussion goes nowhere with the Ford monsters.

^^ This is the crux of the biscuit for me. They are a clan of malignant, manipulative, narcissistic, homophobic, wife beating lying racist bully nightmares who would stomp all over anybody to achieve their twisted individual goals. People who don't understand this are the ones who truly scare the shit out of me. It seriously occupies an unhealthy portion of my thoughts. Once this is all over & my timeline is free of all things Ford and they're all treated like ordinary civilians and charged accordingly, the better I'll sleep.

You inside my head?
Narcissistic is right. As in legitimately psychologically disordered. In this same vein, their supporters are no examples of mental stability either. I mean, the cultish Ford Nation rubbish with people very rabidly following their heroes even though it's against their best interests.
Sort of how I stayed with my ex-fiancee for a year too long after signs of her narcissistic tendencies came to light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back