781     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 924     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 640     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically, the business community isn't made up of "real people." They are the ones who make things happen in this city...

There is a free debate tonight. Will he pack that one with Ford Nationals?

The Empire Club is bay street. Bay Street is not a fan of the nouveau riche often and Doug can't compete when it comes to real money in Toronto.

He was willing to let Rob be laughed at but he won't subject himself to that humiliation. No debates unless he can stack the audience, plain and simple.

When is the next debate he can stack with those idiots?

The Empire Club is bay street. Bay Street is not a fan of the nouveau riche often and Doug can't compete when it comes to real money in Toronto.

I remember them backing Rob in 2010, but the won't touch the Ford's with a ten foot pole now.

My understanding is that retainers are held in trust and billed hourly as work is performed for the client so ultimately it's the same thing. But maybe I'm incorrect about that.

Retainer is used to refer to more than one thing.

Very commonly, a "retainer" is as you describe - money paid into a lawyer's/law firm's trust account to be withdrawn from that account and applied to future fees and disbursements as they are incurred and billed to the client. (The Law Society requires that money cannot be taken from the trust account until a bill is issued to the client for the fees and disbursements to be covered using that money.)

Very much less commonly, a "retainer" means a flat sum paid to a lawyer/law firm in advance as compensation for whatever work the lawyer/law firm does for the client in a given period - typically, a year. (Sometimes this type of retainer also covers any disbursements and sometimes disbursements are billed to the client in addition to the flat sum.) The lawyer/law firm takes the risk that the client will need more services than anticipated (such that, in hindsight, the lawyer/firm would have made more by charging an hourly rate) and the client takes the risk of needing fewer services than anticipated (such that, in hindsight, the client would have paid less if charged an hourly rate).

Even less commonly, a "retainer"means a flat sum paid to a lawyer/law firm in return for the lawyer/law firm promising not to take work from others - in effect, a fee paid to the lawyer/law firm in return for a promise of availability. (For instance, a public company might pay such a fee to a securities lawyer in return for the lawyer's commitment to be available to the company, and not accept work from a bidder, in the event that the company becomes the target of an unsolicited take-over bid.)

I mention, too, that the word "retainer" also can be used to refer to the matter in respect of which a lawyer/law firm has been engaged (e.g., "My retainer is to defend X in the suit brought by Y.")

Screen Shot 2014-09-26 at 1.18.51 PM.png

http://www.andraydomise.ca/an_apology_from_andray_domise

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-26 at 1.18.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-26 at 1.18.51 PM.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 737
Last edited:
He was willing to let Rob be laughed at but he won't subject himself to that humiliation. No debates unless he can stack the audience, plain and simple.

The awkward humiliation he put StRoFo through during the cut the waist seemed unnecessarily cruel to this outsider when it was going on. I doubt that DougJr gives a flying fuck about StRoFo, and his smirking Daughters know it as well, considering their knowing glances while DougJr made his forced emotional voice crack during his presser.

In fact, the best thing that could ever happen to DougJr is StRoFo keeling before the election.
Zing! He's the mayor and doesn't have to worry about any new fuck ups, other than his loyal guys like Price.

Easy solution to the debate issue: make them all free but hold them in churches. I doubt Ford Nation would show up to yell racist and idiotic things in the house of the lord. Therefore, Doug probably won't show up, either.

20 (other) people in a church basement? Pfft!

Will the Fords wheel Rob out for a viewing at tomorrow's Ford Fester? Is it Doug's ultimate goal to be the most hated man in all of Toronrot or just south of Eglington?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back