875     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 777     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 580     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't let a 2 year old anywhere near a dog park.

Good for you.

Our kids have grown up with dogs and may have a better ken of their ways. So not a problem. That said, one can be assured that a responsible parent would have no issues at the High Park Dog run. The dogs are in full bliss and want nothing to do with people. Just each other. And from a kid's perspective, that's an amazing thing to see. Even if you don't have a dog, it's a great spectator place.

Good for you.

Our kids have grown up with dogs and may have a better ken of their ways. So not a problem. That said, one can be assured that a responsible parent would have no issues at the High Park Dog run. The dogs are in full bliss and want nothing to do with people. Just each other. And from a kid's perspective, that's an amazing thing to see. Even if you don't have a dog, it's a great spectator place.

If dogs are really loud they can scare the kid and traumatize it. 2 year old in an area with a ton of dogs is not the same as being in a house with 1 dog. Plus, a lot of dogs have issues with kids and you never know how they'll react if a kid is screaming or running towards a dog.

It would be nicer if Mike Holmes hadn't plastered his logo on the playground sign though. Just tells me it maybe wasn't 100% out of the goodness of his heart.

Well, yeah. It was definitely good for his prodco. Self-serving inasmuch as they got a heartwarming show and related promotional heft out of it. And, yes, less logo is always better. But some shitbird burned the thing down. And it got rebuilt. Like Steve Austin, better than it was. The way it was done is of less consequence than the fact that it was rebuilt. It's a great place for kids. We're glad that it's in the neighbourhood and that kids from way beyond enjoy it. Why diss?

There are some amusing "reviews" of Steak Queen on Urban Spoon:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/10/135485/restaurant/Toronto/Steak-Queen-Etobicoke

Steak Queen was always well down on my places to go for a quick bite ...The Roson for breakfast (around the corner from Greensboro)...The Fire Pit (now Red Rock) for a burger, The Taber (now Remo's) for a sit down lunch and the Oxford or Strates for a good steak at dinner or a late night wind down...were all head and shoulders above the SQ...

"I walked forty-seven miles of barbed wire, use a cobra snake for a neck tie
Got a brand new house on the roadside, made from rattlesnake hide
I got a brand new chimney made on top, made from a human skull
Now come on baby let's take a little walk, and tell me "who do you love?"

Randy's the first born, right? I bet Dianne *trusts* him most. Plus, Pusateri's. Bag o' the people.

Eldest son, second born, Kathy is older....
Randy doesn't need words when a look will more than do....

Apparently the Tory-Globe thing is just friction with one of their columnists. Nothing investigative coming, or so I'm told.

So, what's going through the brain-trust of the Doug 4 Mayo campaign? How are they (He) going to present? Do they (He) think it's a free sympathy ride? He's gotta know that his thistle-like handshake and rictus grin are not, erm, *winning*. How do you get the cult of SixSigma® ("Folks, let me show you the new org chart." ) into tasty soundbites? Yet, one gets the sense that the whole situation has TeamTory (Kouvalis) reeling on their heels. And, if so, advantage: Chow. Sure, she's a canny political vet, but how will she navigate this newly 'sensitive' terrain?

Good for you.

When I was a kid, we had a CKC registered kennel; my mother bred Newfoundlands, one of the gentlest breeds you'll ever meet. I know how to approach dogs, and even showed them as a kid. I've seen many a good dog, but I've also seen many a bad dog. Most dogs are fine, but even good dogs can be aggressively friendly to a two year old. And the bad ones; all it takes is a second. A dog can move 10x faster and is 10x stronger than a kid of two.

I go to Ramsden with my daughter quite a bit, and the off-leash area is too close to the playground for my taste, as I've seen dogs bolt after kids, and one even had a kid pinned down on the ground by the time a parent managed to intervene. The owner kept saying, "he never acts like that! He's never done that before!", but again, all it takes is once. Luckily, that child wasn't hurt.

I've also seen photos of a friend's daughter's face torn open by a dog that was not previously aggressive and had never once attacked anything, let alone a human. Four years later and she's still got a disfiguring scar that she will wear the rest of her life.

Dogs and young kids should be in controlled situations, and free range dogs are not a controlled situation. It also happens—as witnessed in the sheer flouting of leash laws in many parks, dog poo not cleaned up, and lack of obedience training—that many dog owners are completely irresponsible asshats.

Randy would be a hit on one of those shitshows on US cable, think Dog the Bounty Hunter crosses with Storage Wars. Randy kidnaps low level drug dealers (with debts to the Family) and hides them in storage lockers while Dog the Bounty Hunter tries to find them via scumbag informants (affiliated with the Family) all the while criticizing each others sartorial comportment.

Lisi makes cameo appearances as "Billy the exterminator" but puts a unique twist on the term "exterminator".

This is what I came for. Love ROFOMOFO's mind

Well, yeah. It was definitely good for his prodco. Self-serving inasmuch as they got a heartwarming show and related promotional heft out of it. And, yes, less logo is always better. But some shitbird burned the thing down. And it got rebuilt. Like Steve Austin, better than it was. The way it was done is of less consequence than the fact that it was rebuilt. It's a great place for kids. We're glad that it's in the neighbourhood and that kids from way beyond enjoy it. Why diss?

Because he got lots of exposure for doing it at the time to more than make up for it. It didn't need the logo. It's not *his* legacy, it's the legacy of the kids, the many volunteers who built it up and Jamie Bell himself.

Depends if "off leash" or not. But yes safety.

Reply to myself and off topic to boot but.... jimmi T's query about his day out with a two year old got such great answers I request a sampling of what an adult should do for shiggles on a fine fall day in T.O. where would you take an out of town guest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back