891     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 798     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 584     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing I found in an old Warmington story ...

Fuck, that is awful. So much awful in so little text. However, I admit that every time I reread the gratuitous Woodward-and-Bernstein reference I laugh harder than before.

Plus, the overall point of the column is to somehow convince the reader that Rob was not hammered in this shot ...

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 10.52.21 PM.png

I know the whole ginger-ale-tasting thing is very old news to most on this forum, but until today I hadn't seen it directly from the asshole's mouth, or mouth's asshole, or whatever. Seeing that, I think dismay is a correct response to Warmo in Sept 2014, but surprise is not.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 10.52.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 10.52.21 PM.png
    238 KB · Views: 932
Doug knows he maxes out at around 30%, and the only way to win, is a 1/3-1/3-1/3 split. He needs to push some of the Tory's more left support back to Chow, to give himself a chance.

It's excellent strategy, and probably the only realistic chance of seeing Doug Ford elected as mayor of Toronto.

And it's a very old strategy. We've seen it federally before.

some other factors:

-it gives the fords the chance to punish tory, which they relish

and

-offers a solid backup plan. rob's said if he loses, it has to be to olivia - losing to another right winger would hurt them. whereas 4 years of chow would basically write their 2018 campaign for them.

some other factors:

-it gives the fords the chance to punish tory, which they relish

and

-offers a solid backup plan. rob's said if he loses, it has to be to olivia - losing to another right winger would hurt them. whereas 4 years of chow would basically write their 2018 campaign for them.

^ this! 100%.

Usually I turn off the National on Thursday before Rex takes the stage but tonight I f***ed up.

Rex: He is exuberant beyond all conventional measure ...

Rex: [Visibly trembles and smirks as he contemplates the extravagance of the BS he is emitting.]

Hey, Toronto news media ppl: What is the deal with Rex? What kind of contract does he have with CBC that seemingly will let him pollute the airwaves and the interwebz until the end of time?

Rex is somewhat less awful when he's on radio, somewhat. TV version Rex, is pretty much what you described. CBC TV over the last decade seems weird to me. They hire someone like Kevin O'Leary to be on their network. CBC practically give away Hockey Night in Canada for a song, wants to reduce local, original programming in order to save money, buys U.S. shows to make money. It's like it's being attacked from both outside and inside. So I guess Rex on CBC TV is par for the course.

On the subject of Thug's merryl strategy. I would not be surprised if he ducks all debates, and like someone else mentioned, sticks to pressers instead. Someone also mentioned that Thug might be relying on voter's emotion instead of facts to try to win. That is not entirely wrong and should not be underestimated. Especially when most of our local media is either too scared or too stupid to recognize a political camping message. This is a crazy camping season in crazy town.

I respect your opinion but we discuss everyone else's drinking and addictions etc here. Why not Warmingtons? I can delete if y'all want.

I didn't realize that was your post Jimmy T, I read quickly to keep up. Sorry, no hard feelings. Respect.

I saw that piece too, ick. From the same guy who tore RoFo a new assh*le for five minutes last May on The National.

I respect your opinion but we discuss everyone else's drinking and addictions etc here. Why not Warmingtons? I can delete if y'all want.

I thought it was something he openly acknowledged. I've certainly discussed (well, argued on twitter) it with him before.

From the Torontoist article that was posted up thread:

"The primary abdominal tumour is about 12×12 centimetres. Doctors have also discovered “a small nodule” in the left buttock and hip area; the nodule is much smaller, about two by two centimetres. “We have biopsied that, and it is part of the same tumour,” Cohen said. The tumour and nodule are not physically contiguous. They have not discovered cancer anywhere else in Ford’s body."

That sounds to me like a met. The original tumour is in his stomach and a nodule is on his butt, it's spread. Stage 4.

So back in court today. I hope Nordheimer is as quick as usual and we get some really good ITO material sooner than later. I want Doug to implode, I want him rattled. I hope he becomes clearly implicated in all of this.

So back in court today. I hope Nordheimer is as quick as usual and we get some really good ITO material sooner than later. I want Doug to implode, I want him rattled. I hope he becomes clearly implicated in all of this.

I wonder if Rob had dropped out of the election entirely, would it have affected the ITO release? The argument has always been that it's a matter of public interest because of his office. If he stopped being mayor and wasn't running anymore, would there have been a higher bar to cross?

I wonder if Rob had dropped out of the election entirely, would it have affected the ITO release? The argument has always been that it's a matter of public interest because of his office. If he stopped being mayor and wasn't running anymore, would there have been a higher bar to cross?

I don't think so, because he's still running for office.

Edit: Oh, you mean if he wasn't running even for council anymore? I think the test would still be met because the material relates to his activities while he was mayor.

Last edited:

Good question. Doug is still running, so is Mickey so if the whole family is corrupt, even if Rob steps down it is still of public interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back