News   Jul 18, 2024
 772     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 576     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cure sounds worse than the disease.

The stats for doctors with advanced cancers show they're more likely to decline treatment, given that they've seen the ravages of chemo and radiation. My father in law, had a soft-palate tumour many moons ago that later spread into his thyroid. He had it all removed, including other areas into which it spread (some of the muscle of the neck, his thyroid, parts of his jaw), and he's been cancer free since. Radiation however, weakened his epiglottis, and over the years it got weaker and weaker until a couple of years ago and it gave out entirely—discovered when he developed pneumonia and ended up in ICU from aspirating food and liquids. He's now (barring medical miracle) using a feeding tube for the rest of his life.

He's alive, but his quality of life has decreased quite a bit. Is it worth it then?

Olivia, I think we need to talk. Is her middle name gullible?

Daniel Dale @ddale8 · 9m
Chow on people talking about Ford politicking from hospital: "I would not be so cynical. Let's be generous and kind to each other."

She and Tory are caught between a rock and a hard place. I think they are going to have to continue to take the high road in all this, while trying to steer the conversation away from MINO and on to his horrible brother.

Or he makes stuff up.

It's amazing, the paranoia of a Drama Queen, inductive logic is useful to prove your points.

And jealous, too. No one pays real attention to Joe. Not cops. Not death-threateners. No wonder he's such a dick.

Yep, a 5yr old in an emotionally abusive household.

Last edited:
Who on earth would threaten Joe with death? Laugh at him, yes, threaten him? Hardly.

As far as I can tell, it was someone's joking reference to the ancient Egyptian tradition of burying the servants with the Pharaoh.

There may have been something else, but I couldn't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back