217     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 783     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 628     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many on this thread, I was not surprised in the least by the whole switcheroo things (Etobicoke Screwjob?). The fact that the media refers to it as a "breathtaking turn of events" confirms that most of them are mouth breathers who are constantly distracted by whatever new shiny object the Fords dangle before them.

Does anyone recall November 5th, 2013? I'll refresh your memories. Rob Ford goads the media into finally asking him "the right question" (nevermind that they'd asked it multiple times before) and says "Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine." At which point, he is whisked into the office where he is holed up for the next several hours while several Ford Family members and hangers on enter and leave. At the end of the day, Rob emerges to give a "speech" that was utterly pointless except to tell us that a) he wasn't resigning, and b) DOUG KNEW NOTHING. I wrote this at the time: https://twitter.com/YYZMarc/status/397839431606214656

My suspicion is that this plan has been in the works since at least then. And what better way to preempt the media from scrutinizing you than to consistently say (but not entirely say) that you wouldn't be running again? Only to get in the race with 6 weeks left. It always irked me when journalists would claim that Doug wasn't running. Which just goes to prove what I always say:

The first rule of Ford Club is - Assume they are lying
The second rule of Ford Club is - Assume nothing other than that they are lying

Would MSH really go as far as helping to fake an illness?
They aren't necessarily helping him fake anything. If he was tested in another hospital earlier this year and didn't disclose that to MSH, they will do tests and diagnose the illness. So MSH isn't lying or covering up anything, they just don't have access or knowledge of any prior testing unless Rob tells them about it. So he has a mass, but what date he found out about it is anybody's guess.

Not if it wants to keep its accreditation and the medical staff want to keep their licenses. MSH is keeping Rob for a reason. Maybe we'll find out what it is.
Yes, I thought there was some talk that Rob might be going home until the test results were in and a surgical strategy could be developed. Is that happening (going home)? If he's staying, maybe he's still complaining of pain (or "pain" for the suspicious). Maybe he's said he's afraid he'll use if he leaves; maybe his doctors are afraid of this too? What's keeping him from checking out? Lots of questions. Hopefully he's not hogging a bed that some other poor soul could be using.

I've been wondering why he is still in hospital too. As you say, is it "pain management"? Generally hospitals are in a hurry to get you out

From the Star in early May:

"According to the report, the mayor arrived at the facility on May 1 and has been an in-patient ever since. Ford did leave the facility Saturday, however, after a medical exam. He was taken to hospital and admitted for four days before returning to the treatment facility on Wednesday."

It's very unlikely the mass which "isn't small" didn't show up 4 months ago. If he was in for 4 days, they ran lots and lots of tests.

Burgermeister was admitted to hospital for four days in May prior to Greenstone. If there was a biopsy done at that time, it seems to me that a surgeon at MSH performing a second one would surely notice some obviously fresh scarring, incisions etc. that would certainly raise suspicions that they were being played. I just can't imagine that these people would be so naive as to fall for this whole game without suspicion.

Burgermeister was admitted to hospital for four days in May prior to Greenstone. If there was a biopsy done at that time, it seems to me that a surgeon at MSH performing a second one would surely notice some obviously fresh scarring, incisions etc. that would certainly raise suspicions that they were being played. I just can't imagine that these people would be so naive as to fall for this whole game without suspicion.
Even if they were suspicious, there isn't much they could do or say publicly. Who knows, maybe Rob was honest with them, it still doesn't allow them to talk about anything that he doesn't want disclosed. All they're said so far is that he has a mass and are awaiting biopsy results. Nothing untoward about that. They don't have to like their patients, just treat them.

No. But the Fords could easily have known about it and are now stringing them along. Remember that the guy battling intense pain has been running door to door, running up stairs and kicking soccer balls around. A real benign mass with a faked sudden pain change is entirely plausible for these sociopaths.

My only issue with that theory - which I tended to agree with - is I don't think they would have kept him in hospital this long if it wasn't apparently serious. They would have done all of the required tests and sent him home with pain meds to await the results.

My only issue with that theory - which I tended to agree with - is I don't think they would have kept him in hospital this long if it wasn't apparently serious. They would have done all of the required tests and sent him home with pain meds to await the results.
He's in really poor health overall for a guy his age, he has major substance abuses problems, is wealthy and the mayor of Toronto. I think if he wanted to stay, they'd let him.

It is possible that Ford's hospital stay was due to a difficult detox (sometimes detox can be life threatening) that Greenestone does in Toronto prior to sending clients to Muskoka. However, it seems hard to believe that this "not small mass" would not have been discovered at that time, especially given Greenestone's other specialty is colonoscopy. The "mass" may have been deemed benign without surgery. A malignancy cannot really be ruled out without surgery, visual examination and biopsy. It will be interesting to discover what MSH reports, providing the family does not suddenly require "privacy".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back