272     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 988     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 559     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, not being able to get results until next week certainly complicates the decision for the FoFam tomorrow. Surely Drug can't throw his hat in during this limbo stage?

Any normal family would have already got Rob out of the race...

The way they've taken care of Kathy's health is a shining beacon to familial caring.

Indeed. I guess it wouldn't matter if they wheeled in Rob on his hospital bed so long as he was mayor.

Jim Coyle ‏@coyleWERDZ · 2m
Dr. Brett Belchetz on CBC: Even best scenario likely means majr surgery. Mtg of multi-disc team suggests suspicion of malignancy. #topoli

Trivia night fact: Etobicoke General ET physician Brett Belchetz has endorsed Andray Domise.

Something that doesn't make sense to me is why the biopsy results will take a week. Surgeons send biopsies to path all the time from the OR and await the results.

I suspect that they may have preliminary information that they aren't sharing on whether it is malignant or not. I also suspect that the reason he wouldn't disclose the size is because it's not good news.

I don't know anything about biopsies, but I'd imagine part of it has to do with the number of tests they want to run. Plus, Rob has to wait turn in the lab, just like everyone else. A week doesn't sound out of line to me. (My wife waited that long when she was biopsied for a colon cancer diagnosis). In the case of a surgeon in the middle of an operation, they've probably booked time for a quick turnaround because the result will determine the remainder of the procedure. You don't want to open someone up twice if you can avoid it.

More Brazenish related news in the Star tomorrow. But buried in the gta section. Will probably be how it's handled until Ford is safely on the mend.

Something that doesn't make sense to me is why the biopsy results will take a week. Surgeons send biopsies to path all the time from the OR and await the results.

I suspect that they may have preliminary information that they aren't sharing on whether it is malignant or not. I also suspect that the reason he wouldn't disclose the size is because it's not good news.

A week is not uncommon for biopsy results. Several samples are taken and examined, most are time based so they rake as long as they take. There is all ways prelim. info but drawing conclusions on it is unprofessional to just make a diagnosis.

Measuring a mass is also tricky, there are no real points of reference, it's a similar case for exact location, you need several points of reference to be sure. By the time they open him up they will know the approx. location, then it's move organs an such around. Once found they will examine the colour, etc. of the mass, or the organ that contains mass. From that they will determine which course of action to take.

If the mass is not cancerous then they will simply remove it with the proper procedure. As for cancer, things are more delicate, just opening Robbie up could make things worse, they just might opt to reduce the mass first, and then reassess how to proceed. If it is spread then... I don't want to think about that.

Renata spoke to CBC this evening but we have to wait until the news at 11pm to see what she said.

“You’re a f---ing idiot,” Renata says.

Enraged, Ford rummages for his Don Bosco coaching jacket. “It’s where I keep my weed,” he tells people in the room. Ford turns on his wife, screaming that she has taken his drugs. Standing there quietly are Lisi and Bellissimo.

To a visitor, Ford says, almost offhanded, “You can f--- her if you want, in front of me.”

Nobody speaks. The comment is ignored by Ford’s wife. Men in the room are shocked.

“It’s okay,” Ford burbles. “She lets me f--k girls in front of her all the time.”

Renata will express her hope that Rob's stay in intensive care will give her a break from having to watch him f--k girls in front of her, or having to allow his male guests to f--k her in front of him.

And I believe her remarks will be sincere and heartfelt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back