527     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 631     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a regular folk. And I routinely put off going to the doctor for weeks or months, even when I know something's wrong.

Touché.
I guess the prudent thing is to give Junky benefit of the doubt. He's never schemed or lied or pre-emptivly sought attention to deflect from damaging stories.

No sympathy for the guy, and no belief in anything the FoFam says.

Ford once said that he opposes the health care system in Canada and wants it to be dismantled in favor of a profit/greed one. I wonder how he feels about that now.

I'm a regular folk. And I routinely put off going to the doctor for weeks or months, even when I know something's wrong.
Me too. :(

and people often find 'excuses'. don't forget that Ford's been hitting the Tim's and McD's drive-thrus regularly of late. You get a pain in your stomach and figure "oops I overdid it with the super-size fries" or maybe 5 espressos at once aren't a great idea after all. when you (over)eat on the go and hurriedly gulp stuff down, you can get digestive/gas pains. It his pain wasn't constant and went away only to return days later, he might have attributed it to his poor eating habits.

Hopefully this will see him withdraw and finally go away, but if not and I have further reason to comment in this thread, I will henceforth use the term SkandalBurgermeister Ford rather than Mayor Ford. It just fits the man.

add it to the tag cloud! :D

There can't be any serious doubt that Ford fundraises for Humber and went there to get checked out at least in part because a family friend runs the hospital.
What's the basis for describing the head of the hospital as a family friend? I've seen it mentioned here a couple times, but is it anything more than speculation based on being in the same part of town and members of the Conservative Party?

Touché.
I guess the prudent thing is to give Junky benefit of the doubt. He's never schemed or lied or pre-emptivly sought attention to deflect from damaging stories.

No sympathy for the guy, and no belief in anything the FoFam says.

Hey, I get the skepticism and it's completely justified. I don't have any sympathy either, and am rather skeptical of the timing of all of this myself. But as a lawyer I also believe in requiring evidence of things before accepting them as likely and wild conspiracy theories with absolutely no evidence to support them seem counter productive to me. At a certain point they cost you (not you specifically, I mean you in the general sense) credibility. Which doesn't help the cause.

Though we know Ford has had multiple hospital and doctor visits in the same period of time.

I don't see any reason to speculate on this. If there's more to this than it seems, then wait until the other shoe drops. If it's all just a tragic conclusion to this entire farce, then no point in speculating.

Given that his family has the money to pay for top tier treatment, probably exactly the same.

Yet he continues to be treated in a public hospital that he opposes. Maybe he will follow the path of Danny Williams and go to the Mayo Clinic instead.

What's the basis for describing the head of the hospital as a family friend? I've seen it mentioned here a couple times, but is it anything more than speculation based on being in the same part of town and members of the Conservative Party?

The former president of the PCPO would have had to deal with the Fords, and appears to have shared a dislike for Tory. If the Fords and Devlin had a negative relationship it's highly unlikely that the Fords would be "donating $50k"* and selling bobbleheads. So just strong inference but surely someone will pull up something more definitive.

*Donation claims not guaranteed in the Province of Ontario

No, it sounded "off" to me because I understood it, despite not speaking German. That's what I meant by it sounding like Benny Hill's German.

Languages can become more comprehensible if they are reduced to headline/telegram style, which in turn can sound like a broken/'tourist' version. So the equivalent of 'Toronto's scandal mayor is in hospital with a tumour' or 'has had to be admitted to a clinic with a tumour' becomes 'Toronto's scandal mayor in clinic with tumour'.

The fuller version at the very top of the page is likely less comprehensible: Der Bürgermeister von Toronto muss mit Tumor ins Krankenhaus = the mayor of Toronto must [go] into the hospital with [a] tumour.

Also helps that Tumor and Klinik are pretty obvious in their meaning.

Because we have private hospitals in Toronto? #fail

I never said we did.

Well first off he'd have to get past US Customs to go there correct?

Yes, and we don't know if he is cleared for that. I hear that Cuba has some great cancer treatment facilities if he is cleared to go there. The father of someone at my work got treatment, but sadly passed away.

Last edited:
I think someone else pointed out that this wouldn't happen within 2 years of the election, instead the council would vote to put someone in that position as an interim councilor. Mutey would have to sit tight for at least a couple of years.

Which adds up to......14 years (taking into account his landslide victories in 2018 & 2022).

*sarcasm*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back