653     1 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 291     0 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 426     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
She writes as infrequently as Donovan at The Star. I think most of their job is done behind the scenes. Don Peat and Daniel Dale can whip off a couple of articles really quickly because things are happening right in front of them but she has a totally different job than them.

But Donovan oversees and edits all the stories coming out of the investigative department.

That's funny, Claude is a family friend of mine. Really close with my bro. He's also behind this record breaking divorce settlement that got some media attention. That's pretty shady though, loaning the land for Ford Fest when he's registered to lobby Doug for the same piece of land.

Yes, I came across that info about the divorce settlement as well, but I thought it was kinda external to the greater issue of lobbying a councillor/campaign manager on behalf of for an extant development project (and being a beneficiary thereof) and offering material benefit for the candidate of said campaign. His divorce settlement is his business - this on the other hand is city business.

AoD

That's funny, Claude is a family friend of mine. Really close with my bro. He's also behind this record breaking divorce settlement that got some media attention. That's pretty shady though, loaning the land for Ford Fest when he's registered to lobby Doug for the same piece of land.

Claude any relation to Ben (I believe he past a few years ago)?
And one of the buildings at 2200 houses one of their facilities.....

No need to answer I took a look at the G&M article...yes he is.....

Last edited:
let me also say, w/r/t soks dropping out and the news from the latest polls:

this is why you can't have nice things, toronto.

One day Toronto will get good government, and they are not going to like it.

Eat your ( political ) vegetables, Toronto!

Looks like GFL is in the news today.

Last edited:
Yes, I came across that info about the divorce settlement as well, but I thought it was kinda external to the greater issue of lobbying a councillor/campaign manager on behalf of for an extant development project (and being a beneficiary thereof) and offering material benefit for the candidate of said campaign. His divorce settlement is his business - this on the other hand is city business.

AoD

Has this been sent to the Star/G&M?

Has this been sent to the Star/G&M?

No, and I doubt it is necessary - they have investigative journalists and I am sure they are far, far better at this craft than I am (and it is their version of the lobbyist database I used). Besides, given the notoriety of UT, I am sure they/their eyes would have seen it.

AoD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back