814     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 726     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 565     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my opinion of this phantom poll...
R Ford's numbers have not increased drastically they are are still somewhere around 25% (This is based on the 18% Ford Nation + transient strength)
Chow numbers have dropped precipitously (she has been in free fall in the last three polls) to sit somewhere around 20%
Tory's number has eroded (due to the TTC Staff report and lack of clarity on transit outside of Smart Track) to somewhere around 24%
What I think is making a difference is Soknacki rising with the makings of a four person race and I believe he is polling at 13% or higher.
With undecideds at about 18%

Last edited:
at last night's WISC debate (soknacki, baskin, goldkind), ari let fly a couple choice remarks about ford's stupidity, without ever using his actual name

and ari can get quite passionate when you get him on a roll about what's wrong with the current mayor/council

however, the tenor of the evening was one of adult discussion

well, Morgan seems to be enjoying the remarks! :p

Here is my opinion of this phantom poll...
R Ford's numbers have not increased drastically they are are still somewhere around 25% (This is based on the 18% of Ford Nation + transient strength)
Chow numbers have dropped precipitously (she has been in free fall in the last three polls) to sit somewhere around 20%
Tory's number has eroded (due to the TTC Staff report and lack of clarity on transit ourside of Smart Track) to somewhere around 24%
What I think is making a difference is Soknacki rising with the makings of a four person race and I believe he is polling at 13% or higher.
With undecideds at about 18%

Soknacki will never hit double digits.

Can someone explain to me the collective hard on for socknacki on this thread?

It's pretty straightforward - his ideas resonate strongly with the demographic that visits UT. He's not getting mired in the publicity side of things (which will be his downfall), but rather he's spending his time actually developing policy and platform. He's not divisive and his statements that draw attention to other candidates' platforms are devoid of irrational hyperbole and pointless "GONNA STEAL UR TAX MONIES" garbage - they actually focus pretty much exclusively on their platforms and policies. Of the four remaining major candidates, he's clearly the most interested in having an adult conversation about moving the city forward. Simply put, to many, he's the best anti-Ford candidate out there.

Screenshot-16.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot-16.jpg
    Screenshot-16.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 884
Yes ! Well what's the guess guys? Anything new or will it be more can't quite put your finger on it kind of stuff?

Any news the Fords can't control is good news. If it's damning I'm sure there will be something of an emergency, and/or involving TPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back