855     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 765     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 574     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
In months, at city hall, weekends excepted...

reporterdonpeat 12:46pm via iOS
"I have not touched drugs or alcohol in months" Mayor Rob Ford.

When I wanna say something, I just call a "Presser". The media comes to my place, I stand in front of my "Ford for Mayor" background, I speak for 20 minutes, nobody argues or interrupts.

Debates are for Schmucks!

well, that is what all candidates do. that is how you campaign. the fact that the press devotes more "ink" (real and digital) to Ford than to other candidates is a separate problem. The fact that the media ignored a Soknacki presser to cover "Fords meet a magician" is a problem for sure, but frankly that's not Ford's fault either.

But, yes: candidates in elections call press conferences and media attend. This is normal, I don't know why people on this thread are acting like it's the first time. First people complained that he was doing it at City Hall, now they complain that he's doing it at campaign HQ. :rolleyes: I get it: Rob Ford can do no right in the eyes of people on this thread. Heck, I'm one of those people. :p But these complaints are not rational.

Doug wrote the bomb threat, Mom wrote the invite :)

I don't really see any similarities in the bomb threat note and the invite. Bomb threat starts in normal case and then switches to caps and stays there (not random words in the middle of sentences). And the tone is totally different. Bomb threat -- three sentences starting with "So"; casual tone ("Since you guys been back" "Bombs already set up").

Whereas the invite is more formal (though not well written) and polite ("Please" appears ten times -- desperate much? ;)).

Ford recounts his “standoffs†with the critters outside his Etobicoke home.

Collage Critters In Ford Back Yard.with Logo.jpg

Attachments

• Collage Critters In Ford Back Yard.with Logo.jpg
    Collage Critters In Ford Back Yard.with Logo.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 855
well, that is what all candidates do. that is how you campaign. the fact that the press devotes more "ink" (real and digital) to Ford than to other candidates is a separate problem. The fact that the media ignored a Soknacki presser to cover "Fords meet a magician" is a problem for sure, but frankly that's not Ford's fault either.

But, yes: candidates in elections call press conferences and media attend. This is normal, I don't know why people on this thread are acting like it's the first time. First people complained that he was doing it at City Hall, now they complain that he's doing it at campaign HQ. :rolleyes: I get it: Rob Ford can do no right in the eyes of people on this thread. Heck, I'm one of those people. :p But these complaints are not rational.

When Rob calls a presser, it's "The Mayor is making an announcement at 9:00 tomorrow morning" He's doing it as MAYOR, not as the candidate Rob Ford. The so called announcement turns into a campaign commercial. Doesn't matter where he's doing it, its the fact that he's doing it as MAYOR, during his supposed working hours. This complaint is rational!

Doug wrote the bomb threat, Mom wrote the invite :)
:D

Rob on submitting to drug and alcohol testing

"I'll be the first one to do it, right after everyone else does."

Kinda wish they would take him up on this. I don't know -- maybe I'm naive -- but I don't think Tory, Chow, Soknacki or Goldkind are going to test positive. And if candidates other than those 3 do, who really cares? What's he trying to prove with this dare?? Is he targetting these comments at Stintz? She is irrelevant to the race anyways (even including Sok and Ari in there was generous on my part; didn't include Thomson since she just submitted her test results).

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat
"I'm as clean as a whistle" Mayor Rob Ford #TOpoli

Seems Dougie has given him an enema from the top down.

Last edited:
When Rob calls a presser, it's "The Mayor is making an announcement at 9:00 tomorrow morning" He's doing it as MAYOR, not as the candidate Rob Ford. The so called announcement turns into a campaign commercial. Doesn't matter where he's doing it, its the fact that he's doing it as MAYOR, during his supposed working hours. This complaint is rational!

Yes... and? Presidents Bush and Clinton didn't campaign for re-election during business hours? Harper... Chretien? Come on, none of this is some kind of precedent. Incumbents have an advantage; that's just how it is. I agree -- have some rules and try to promote as much fairness as possible, but incumbents will always have some degree of advantage and there's no amount of rules & regs that can create a 100-per cent level playing field. It's fine to complain about constructive stuff like using City Hall resources for campaigning, but some of this stuff is total fantasy. People are not somehow going to 'forget' who the incumbent is and treat everyone equally, or split themselves in half and listen with a different part of the brain to Candidate Ford vs Mayor Ford. Even if he makes his candidate announcements after 5 pm.

Comment on this thread brought to you by Mayor Lampy...

"80,000 posts of trying to make sense of Mayor Rob Ford's Toronto??? It's like pushing a car uphill with a rope! I thought I had a lock on being the craziest municipal politician in recent memory. Message to Mayor Ford: Shave or get out of the bathroom already!"

Lamport1.jpg

Attachments

• Lamport1.jpg
    Lamport1.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 675
:D

Kinda wish they would take him up on this. I don't know -- maybe I'm naive -- but I don't think Tory, Chow, Soknacki or Goldkind are going to test positive. And if candidates other than those 3 do, who really cares? What's he trying to prove with this dare?? Is he targetting these comments at Stintz? She is irrelevant to the race anyways (even including Sok and Ari in there was generous on my part; didn't include Thomson since she just submitted her test results).

When the Fords were still in full-on denial mode and suggesting that the rest of council submit to drug testing (as if to say 'See? Rob's not the only one! Everyone's on something') it came across as childish moral relativism. DoFo and Mammoliti in particular seemed eager to do it.

It was a strange kind of admission: 'Even if Rob does do crack, so what? I could tell you stories about the rest of council ...' and it was taken up by large segments of Ford Nation as well as crypto-Fordites such as that weaselly twerp George Sawision running in Ward 19, who's still bitter about being dumped by Olivia years ago and is now implying she's a pothead.

ETA: Oh, and of course Thomson has volunteered the fact that she's been tested and is drug free. Or at least was, last Tuesday. Like that makes a difference. Drug-free, yet still opportunistic and deranged.

Last edited:
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat
"I'm as clean as a whistle" Mayor Rob Ford #TOpoli

Seems Dougie has given his an enema from the top down.

Obvious, a "clean" person would never take a drug test unless everyone else takes on first. He's an idiot. Plain and simple. What a toxic shit disturber. My god I've had it with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back