326     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 483     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm down with a "% of the vote" pool for Ford. What would the prize be? Glory?

I have no problem keeping track again, although I think maybe this time, please PM me your answers as it will be easier to keep track of. Should we set say a two week limit?

If I win, I will owe you a Coke. In all seriousness, it will probably be in Susan Fennell territory.

Last edited:
Oh man that was work for me but the payoff was spitting tea lol!!
ya, it was work for me, too. but funny! :p
https://vine.co/v/M93AYUaeJKW

Rob is "touring" an electronics recycling plant today.

Why? What is he even doing? Wearing a shiny new hard hat and peeking in boxes.

It's amazing how 6 seconds of video can perfectly capture his aimless, pointless existence, and enrage me this much.
He looks bored and like he doesn't know why he's there.

It seems that when 'my heart bleeds' actually connoted sympathy, the flippant way of expressing the opposite was 'my heart pumps dishwater'.
I had a friend way back in high school who would say "My heart pumps purple piss for you" -- no idea where she got that from! ;)

He received 47% of the vote in 2010.

Any predictions as to what percentage he will receive in the 2014 election?

I'll be shocked if he draws more than 20%, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with less than 15%, maybe as low as 10%. Tory made the first couple of sallies into negative territory over the Toronto Hydro budget. It's just going to get worse -- Soknacki's police budget plan projection slides will be another stick to beat Ford, although I'd expect it'll be Chow that uses it. "Did you see this chart from rival Soks? Ford has us living in a police state, when he said he was cutting their budget. He's a liar AND a thug!"

I'm looking forward to Tory on the negative attack front. I think he's nimble enough after all those years of yammering with the radio callers to not get sidetracked by Hizzoner's obtuseness.

ETA: Well, I guess y'all know that I'll be at the lower end of basic's pool, then... ;-)

Last edited:
I'll be shocked if he draws more than 20%, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with less than 15%, maybe as low as 10%. Tory made the first couple of sallies into negative territory over the Toronto Hydro budget. It's just going to get worse -- Soknacki's police budget plan projection slides will be another stick to beat Ford, although I'd expect it'll be Chow that uses it. "Did you see this chart from rival Soks? Ford has us living in a police state, when he said he was cutting their budget. He's a liar AND a thug!"

I'm looking forward to Tory on the negative attack front. I think he's nimble enough after all those years of yammering with the radio callers to not get sidetracked by Hizzoner's obtuseness.

ETA: Well, I guess y'all know that I'll be at the lower end of basic's pool, then... ;-)

So far we've been waiting for the other candidates to drop the gloves and it hasn't happened yet, which isn't surprising. But it will, and I'm very excited to see what comes of it.

Good idea about PMing the predictions. It will be more interesting not knowing what the others pick until it is "officially" posted here.

Bragging rights to the winner!

Out to one decimal place as a tiebreaker?

Doug seems more controlled than Rob to me. Interesting, but I'm no expert.

It would depend on the topic. Doug has a more inflated ego, so pushing that button brings out the moron.

---

The big question is way Doug, not a Scarborough Cllr, is on the tour unless it's a campaign stop for the Ford Tarnation.

Last edited:
It would depend on the topic. Doug has a more inflated ego, so pushing that button brings out the moron.

---

The big question is way Doug, not a Scarborough Cllr, is on the tour unless it's a campaign stop for the Ford Tarnation.

Should be coverage on CP-Twenty-Ford, the unofficial Ford Tarnation Station.

So what are young men called when they prey on "older women"? Not the sugar momma situation, that's not always he case. And yes it happens.[/QUOTe

Ive heard them called cubs. They might call themselves lucky but the word Cougar denotes a certain predatory nature regardless of the age difference.

Cubs are part of the gay culture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_(gay_culture)

And a bonus meaning in relation to Robbie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daddy_(gay_slang)

Last edited:
I would bet that if Soks starts to close in on eclipsing Ford's numbers that a lot of Tory/Chow supporters will swing over. Funny but it seems that Ford can't attack Soks with the rhetoric the way he can target Tory and Chow. Nothing to stick to on that one.

I think it's more that he knows Socks isn't a threat since he's polling in the low single digits, and if anything, he's taking votes off Tory, so it's in his best interest to keep him in the game.

There's no way Socks is going to suddenly pick up steam. He has no charisma, his policies aren't that far removed from Tory's, and he has virtually no name recognition, even though he's managed to get himself onto the debates so far (at none of which he's done anything to make me inclined to vote for him).

So far we've been waiting for the other candidates to drop the gloves and it hasn't happened yet, which isn't surprising. But it will, and I'm very excited to see what comes of it.

What it says to me is that they don't see Ford as a threat, which is sort of comforting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back