5.1K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 721     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Star-reported poll smells like strategic communication from Kouvalis, Inc. Faint smell of sulphur in its wake. <snip>
Sample's a little better than low, IMO. MOE is relatively high. Basically could be construed to confirm the Forum results, from an even less reputable pollster.

Hezza, er huzzah an hear here 2 dat! I note that Soknacki and Stintz results are smaller than margin-of-error -- ergo poof they don't really exist. As small as their political support may be, I find that a bit hard to believe. Crikey, people who said they weren't going to vote and undecided were massive by comparison!

I wouldn't drive even a Ford with such a dirty windshield.

Just had a forum poll, mostly about the TTC driver who went through the red light, but asking who I'd vote for too.

And I still don't give much credence to any polls that come out of the Tory camp showing him in the lead. I'll wait for non-Tory, non-Forum polls to get a better idea. I can believe the Ford and Socks / Stintz shares (they're both no-hoper also-rans), but I have a strong feeling the Tory vote has been elevated at the expense of the Chow vote.

He'll just say that it was for wear and tear that happened while he was doing mayor work. Easy out for him.

No doubt he will if it's challenged, however, it would have more validity if the city held the lease instead of a private company.

I don't know why there is so much interest in polls, they are meaningless, +3%/-3% (19 times out of 20) kinda like 44/100 that Ivory is famous for using. It's all marketing.

Last edited:
The silence from the Chow campaign suggests they are not giving these polls the dignity and oxygen of a response. There's still three months to go.

I have sent an email to Dimitri asking if he only used landlines. If he did, then this that last Forum poll, redux.

Edited: I see he responded. Landlines only, huh?

In this day and age, that's just garbage data. Like Forum.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people who voted for Ford didn't really look beyond the image of him as a guy who appeared to save money by watching every penny. Aspects such as his honesty or reasonableness weren't really on their radar.

And then there were lots who voted only because he was the only viable right-leaning candidate. Conservatives who preferred Rocco Rossi when they realized Rossi was a no-hoper. These folks held their noses and voted Ford.

Just had a forum poll, mostly about the TTC driver who went through the red light<sinppity-snip>I have a strong feeling the Tory vote has been elevated at the expense of the Chow vote.

Oh, Lorne. Always checking the civic pulse on the things that matter. While doing coincidental drive-by's on the stuff that don't. Methodimology.

I sometimes stare out of the window and wonder idly what a Rossi mayoralty would look like. Then I catch myself doing it, and shudder.

That Star-reported poll smells like strategic communication from Kouvalis, Inc. Faint smell of sulphur in its wake. Unsure whether pollster Johnny Alphabets has the credibility a hungry electorate needs:

"Pantazopoulos is a former pollster for Prime Minister Stephen Harper. He has ties to both Ford and Tory: he conducted an early poll for Ford’s 2010 campaign and worked with senior Tory aide Nick Kouvalis on the 2013 campaign of British Columbia Premier Christy Clark, a Liberal."

(Yeah. Bolded 'Liberal' because a) she's not and b) anyone privy to the shenanigans in the last B.C. Provincial election would do well to question Pantazopoulos' credibility and ethics. Sorry Star, Ekos, Nanos or nothing.)

Sample's a little better than low, IMO. MOE is relatively high. Basically could be construed to confirm the Forum results, from an even less reputable pollster.

I know right? Christy Clark is more in line with the federal conservatives. The NDP was surprisingly overwhelminglydefeated by her party. I liked Andrien Dix but they would have done better with John Horgan at the helm.

...kinda like 44/100 that Ivory is famous for using. It's all marketing.

Advertising geek reporting in. The Ivory claim was actually "99 44/100ths % pure". It was a sloganeering adventure mildly based in fact. Much like 'Stop The Gravy Train'.Or, "I answer 1000's of calls a day'.

So, yeah, catchy but meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back