4.8K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 440     4 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 549     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised with Rofo entrance tantrum. What the hell is up with the audio, someone with an iphone at steak queen can do better. Everyone physically moving away from Rofo, yes it's funny, but it can also makes Rofo look 'unique'. Being in the Dunce Corner still makes him stand out visually. Rofo's body language is actually quite good, when he's speaking at least, otherwise it's the usual bored gesture he does. Still spewing the usual drivel, but his tone seems even more combative than usual to me. That might mean he's getting even more desperate, but a cornered animal can be very dangerous.

Jeesus, now the replacement mic is crapping out on David Socks. Is there a conspiracy against this guy or something?

Appalling audio production, audio feedbacks and randomly cutting out, this is F%$ed daddy.

Last edited:
This format is an improvement on the Scarborough debate, but they really need to get down to 2-3 final candidates so that they can have at each other.

So, Rob 'went there' with the 'Olivia Chow, Welfare Queen' thing, and took Tory to task for the the ill-advised Rogers 'Mega-tive Billing' Thing. Both completely irrelevant. Sadly the camera stayed on him. Would have been telling to see some reactions to that crap. Also why does Soknacki get the Radio Shack mic? Thanks, Technical Experts!

betsy powellVerified account ‏@powellbetsy

John Tory says he's "fed up" with lack of decision making on transit. we should have subways to Pickering.

Great, so the people of Toronto can further subsidize the people who work here but choose to live outside it's borders. Yay! Let's promote even more remote living!

Pickering already has heavy rail to the core. It's called GO.

Last edited:
Ford is the only one with a cheat sheet / binder. One assumes that there are six pages - one for each answer he's allowed to use.

Btq_lvACAAEEZU6.jpg

Attachments

• Btq_lvACAAEEZU6.jpg
    Btq_lvACAAEEZU6.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 914
Ford is the only one with a cheat sheet / binder. One assumes that there are six pages - one for each answer he's allowed to use.

View attachment 30567

That's a great photo, what a difference a change of perspective can make. Literally. I could not really see his binder due to the head on front view angle of the debate. Hmmm..is that a look of desperation and fear on him, or just a co-incidence of a snapshot.

I did like the format. Limiting the entourages allows us to actually hear the candidate's speak. Well, if the audio had actually worked.

I love how the lone spotlight was on Rob. When did Rob get hair plugs? It is so obvious - no one's hair grows like that, it looks like very cheap rows of hair plugs. Head gravy! *my best takeaway from Rob's evening*

As soon as Karen stepped forward to speak at the front of the stage, I was waiting for the announcement of the upcoming swimsuit competition.

Who didn't feel sorry for Soknacki?

Rob wants to eliminate stop signs and speed bumps. uh huh. Spoken like a true suburbanite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back