183     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 390     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 491     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG Sounds like they want to boycott European Meats because Jenny James is booked for the Ford Fest West gig.

Joe W. "You should be ashamed of yourself for dumping hate on an entertainer. What's next shunning and shaming the burger supplier?"

John F. "well, do you know who the burger and hotdog supplier was?"
https://twitter.com/JohnFurrToronto/status/493255786429046784

Incidentally, was there some guy at the rally playing with snakes?

They hassle Sarah Thomson for riding a beautiful horse, but not the snake charmer? WTF?!

Regarding RoFo's speech to the adoring masses, why did I think of Mussolini on the balcony?

Also, anyone think it odd that Ma Ford showed up, but not the mayor's wife? I guess they need a sitter for the kids. Maybe Aunt Kathy? No, probably not.

There were 2 guys with snakes. You can see them at the beginning of my Ford Fest video. People seemed to like the snakes and I think snakes are a good metaphor for a Ford Fest.

somebody (not in toronto) posted this on my facebook feed today, i thought it somewhat apropos to this thread

View attachment 30504

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 942
I spent about 30 minutes at Ford Fest before feeling really dirty for spending too much time in Scarborough and being associated with those people. In my time there I saw the GLBT group be harassed, Iola going on and on about how Kathleen Wynne should've never been elected because she's a lesbian, and lots of "Ford more years" chants. The Gatineau recreational trail was a nice bike ride though, except when I got to Thompson Memorial Park where Ford Nation decided to drive their SUV's on the trail, blocking all pedestrians and cyclists.

It is a very nice trail, when you indirectly combine it with the trails in Taylor Creek and along the Don River to get from Scarborough to downtown or vice versa. I use it frequently for recreational bike rides.

Coincidentally I was passing by Friday evening on the way down to the T&T Waterfront Night Market. My route takes me through the part of the trail crossing through Thompson Park. I got glimpses of this shitfest going on in the distance but didn't bother to approach - and based on the pathetic accounts I'm struggling to read about just now, I'm glad I didn't bother. I lost my temper enough at the Scarborough debate and this sort of antics from complete fucking bigots would've blown a fuse.

The bike ride was infinitely more relaxing anyhow. :D

Last edited:
OMG Sounds like they want to boycott European Meats because Jenny James is booked for the Ford Fest West gig.

Joe W. "You should be ashamed of yourself for dumping hate on an entertainer. What's next shunning and shaming the burger supplier?"

John F. "well, do you know who the burger and hotdog supplier was?"
https://twitter.com/JohnFurrToronto/status/493255786429046784

Yeah, that's just over doing it I think. A company actively donating and supporting someone like the Fords, yeah I can see some people not wanting to do business with said company. The Fords buying something legal from a legal business, that alone is not really much to get worked up IMO. At this point it might be a minor miracle of normality even. Edited ps: Ford probably got his booze for his dranken stupors from the LCBO if online sightings are true. Is Furr going to urge boycotting the LCBO? This small potatoes quibbling does get ridiculous sometimes.

Last edited:
For as long as I can remember Boystown was the slang used to refer to the area around the Y (way back - it was named Boystown because of the younger sex workers who patrolled this area). The Village has always been properly referred to as The Village.
This is exactly how it's always been called since I can remember as well.

at least she's not totally stuck in the past; got the entire bible loaded onto that smartphone, no doubt...
BtbI3hkCIAAeN1s.jpg

I have trust issues with women with thin purses. Where's their creativity? Surely, there are a myriad of objects and minutiae that could be stuffed in there to make life's unexpected moments more bearable. I'll have to go so far as to say I'm racist against these mavericks. They must be stopped and she should, most definitely, step down. Apart from that she seems a most amicable sort. I wonder if she's available for child care?

Gawker. Being funny.

"Rob Ford is not a Canadian. Rob Ford looks like the kind of red-faced American trash who would knock down an old lady in the WalMart pharmacy line just to get his brother's oxycontin prescription five minutes faster."

"To all Canadians in good standing, I politely ask that you tether Rob Ford to the rest of his vile relations and dump the lot of them back on Michigan, their probable birthplace. You are a welcoming people and a modestly blessed people, but occasionally you have to fight back against the United States and its disgusting culture of hate."

http://gawker.com/the-assassination-of-canada-by-the-coward-rob-ford-1459026074

ETA: I reco the comments section for witty banter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back