874     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 777     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 580     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was kid-stuff violence by comparison, nothing involving ambulances etc...and that's a big part of why the media skirted around it.

There was at least one ambulance there, but perhaps it was just on standby.
View attachment 30496

Whoever was in charge of Ford Fest - Doug - should have protected the ( peaceful ) protestors by providing them security. TPS preferably. If any had been seriously injured, I believe they would have had some serious legal claims over lack of protection from the organisers, security and TPS.

Last edited:
Did the narcissistic "Ford Nation" term come about for the 2010 election or was it around when his father was an MPP?

Re the ambulance, it was on standby but it was used at one point because a woman fainted. Probably due to hunger after waiting for hours to get a burger.

I wonder how the minions reacted when they saw there was only ketchup and mustard available? They said they'd hand out shirts to the first 1000 people and there were some angry people around who were 1001+.

Jennifer Pagliaro wrote a good article about Mikey.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/toronto2014election/2014/07/26/a_quiet_debut_for_michael_ford_council_candidate.html

Ford did not return several phone calls and emails asking for his input for this profile.

So the Star instead reached out to dozens of people who have known Ford throughout his young life — starting with his mother.

On a Thursday morning, Kathy Ford, wearing a leopard-print shirt, sits alone on a bench outside courtroom 205 at the Finch Ave. West courthouse.

She is waiting for her name to be called in court, to answer allegations that she broke a court order to perform community service after stealing toothbrushes from a Zeller’s store.

Last edited:
adma; said:
*Pathological* super healthy eaters, fitness freaks, etc--to the point where one wonders whether they're trying to fill an inner void. (Particularly as it's every. single. one. of. them. Like a fitspirational Stepford family.)

I don't know - they really do seem to enjoy it, but yes they also seem a little Step-FORD-y at times lol. One wonders how Doug managed to not drink the Kool-Aid, which in this case is no doubt some kind of protein shake.

And of course, putting oneself in RoFo's shoes: with familial "healthy living" role models like that, no wonder one can opt for the comfort of junk and sloth instead...

You know, I don't even think what the "girls" do really registers with either Rob or Doug. That, umm...stuff is not their...thing? It's (at least initially) Karla's .

Have the police or any other official source offered an estimate of how many people attended Ford Fest last night? Some media outlets say "hundreds, maybe thousands," others say "thousands," still others report the Ford official's comment re "12,000," which sounds more like an offhand remark to me. Anybody here have better info? TIA.

Ah! Thug has 'da crew' back together again!

Da Capo gotta be protected! Capiche!

Watching the footage from slobfest, it's obvious Toronto has lost its maintenance of democracy. Popo did absolutely nothing to maintain law and ORDER! They're more interested in their collective agreements and bargaining rather than their duties.

City management, same same. It's obvious to every rational person that slobfest is 'camping' .

It would be interesting to investigate just how many people are on the take.....to allow blatant disregard for democracy and adherence to laws.

Time to move out, ergo, pull my money out of Toronto......seriously!

According to Dr Wendy Cukier, head of the Coalition for Gun Control.the pro-gunners have managed to persuade the Conservatives to renew an amnesty for gun owners who let their licences expire, pay back over $50 million in licensing fees to gun owners and defeat efforts to employ gun marking and tracing techniques.

Harper’s dangerous gang
Special report: banning handguns in Canada
By Paul Terefenko
July 17-24, 2014 | VOL 33 NO 46.
http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=164994

I don't own any firearms. I may hold an unpopular opinion on the matter, but I'm in the camp that believes bans have little to no impact on gun crimes. Gun marking and tracing techniques\technologies in real life do not follow tv's CSI rules. When I was growing up there was shotguns, small and larger caliber rifles on the shelves of Woolworth (yeesh, dating myself here), Canadian Tire in Scarborough at the time still had firearms on the sporting goods section. However gun crime in my area was still fairly rare.

Fast forward some years later, I think only the rural areas CT had firearms for sale. But there was one delinquent in my highschool who converted a non firing starter pistol, into a firing one. Fairly easy to do too if you're even slightly mechanically inclined. Not safe, but doable. I knew some fellow students who carried a knife, or an improvised weapon to school. Some were wannabe thugs in training. Some were bullied, and felt they could not turn to anyone else for help. Or felt the threat of 'snitches who bitches gets stitches'.

At one of the local cafes, while I wasn't there but a few of my friends was, witnessed someone getting shot, another time a machete attack. I didn't feel any safer when the cops raided an Airsoft toy gun store at pacific mall. None of the toy guns in the store were actually used in any crime, but it got shut down just in case someone want to use a real looking toy gun in a robbery. A robbery that hasn't happened yet. I didn't know TPS had precog technology but ok.

Respectfully and honestly, I do not feel safer with less\no firearms being sold at nearby CT, or made more restrictive, or law abiding citizens being made to prove just how more law abiding they are.
I do feel less safe with some people I knew who were going down the wrong path and fast, yet seemed to have a revolving door pass through the criminal system. Whatever the reason was, some of them unfortunately became calcified criminals. Whatever point in time that an ounce of prevention\help\hug a potential thug could've worked, had sadly and tragically passed by.

It's those type of people that I am more fearful of, compared to any guns. Anyway sorry for the side track, speaking of criminal behaviour. Why isn't that picture of the man getting throttled at FordFest getting more media attention? The 4th estate is at a pathetic state.

Last edited:
This is a video that just shows the general atmosphere of a Ford Fest. I did not see any protesters or drama, unfortunately. All I saw were long lines for everything and a very boring event. All people were interested in was the free hamburgers and posing for a pic with their idol. Nobody seemed to be interested in the band and very few kids even wanted to go into the bouncy castle. I don't know why people even come here. Right after they ate their free crap burger, which many threw in the garbage, after a few bites, they left. I still can't believe people will stand in line for 2 or more hours, for a very thin hamburger. Insane!

Anyway, here is my video of this shit event. I'll admit, it ain't that exciting but what did you expect at a Ford Fest?

[video=youtube_share;ccw4STbetsQ]http://youtu.be/ccw4STbetsQ[/video]

I have to say, this whole event and the hostile vibe, just made me sick. I didn't feel comfortable at all. I just had the feeling that violence or hostility could happen at any time. Everyone seemed to be unhappy and disgruntled. The conversations and comments you hear are just so overwhelmingly negative. It really is a joyless event, other than the arrival of the mayor, which seemed to really excite these people.

Last edited:
So Dennis Morris was a no show in court for Kathy yesterday. Folks think a big rift has developed between her and the brothers and that she dished helpful stuff about Rob to police. Wonder if she appears at Ford Fest

I think this was missed with all the other talk. I hope she's been supremely helpful and can fill in enough gaps to have him arrested.

Was there any sign of her, Diane, Randy or any of Doug's family at Ford Fest? I saw a comment or two on twitter saying that Renata and the kids were seen but I don't know for how long.

Ah! Thug has 'da crew' back together again!

Da Capo gotta be protected! Capiche!

Watching the footage from slobfest, it's obvious Toronto has lost its maintenance of democracy. Popo did absolutely nothing to maintain law and ORDER! They're more interested in their collective agreements and bargaining rather than their duties.

City management, same same. It's obvious to every rational person that slobfest is 'camping' .

It would be interesting to investigate just how many people are on the take.....to allow blatant disregard for democracy and adherence to laws.

Time to move out, ergo, pull my money out of Toronto......seriously!

I think we're past the point of shouting the emperor has no clothes. The emperor knows he's naked. The emperor knows that -you- know he's naked. You know what else, he don't give a fuq. The emperor will piss in the punchbowl like it's a school park, and there's nuttin you can do about it. Emperor honey boo boo badger, he don't give a shift.

I think this was missed with all the other talk. I hope she's been supremely helpful and can fill in enough gaps to have him arrested.

As far as I can tell, the Crown/TPS needs testimony from witnesses more than they need information. I can't imagine Kathy going that far, but who knows. Anyone here ever met the woman?

Was there any sign of her, Diane, Randy or any of Doug's family at Ford Fest? I saw a comment or two on twitter saying that Renata and the kids were seen but I don't know for how long.

Looked like RoFo was by himself in the 'lade. He was driving. No sign of Jerry.

I searched #topoli and #fordfest and found no mention of any FoFam civilians. Only RoDoMiFo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back