446     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 623     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Mikey didn't get the memo from Pennachetti:

Michael Ford @MichaelFordTO · 17m
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the annual #FordFest family BBQ tonight! Thompson Memorial Park, All are welcome. #Toronto

My letter to those poor overworked people at City Hall. Leiper, Crean, Parks, Pena. Feel free to use or adapt.

mikey ford fest.PNG

"Dear all:

This morning at 8:11 a.m., the campaign Twitter account of Michael Ford, Ward 2 candidate, encourages everyone to come to the Ford Fest family BBQ. This is in flagrant violation of the terms and conditions which you have so patiently explained as the basis for the city granting an event permit to mayoral candidate Rob Ford during what we all know is an election period.

To me, this signifies that the Fords are simply playing us all for fools. They have no intention of adhering to the conditions they appear to have agreed to and continue to use the event as a campaign tool

I urge you to withdraw the permit for this event. I am disgusted with the means that the Ford family uses to disgrace our institutions, flout rules, and make your jobs even harder."

Attachments

• mikey ford fest.PNG
    mikey ford fest.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 811
ThugFordInTheSun said:
“There is not going to be any politics being spoken,†Ford told the Toronto Sun. “The only thing we’re allowed to hand out is anything that says ‘Ford Fest’ or ‘Ford Nation’ on it. We can’t hand out anything that says, ‘Ford for Mayor’ — we don’t plan on doing that. -- http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/2...st-scarborough-will-be-election-turning-point

It may be a minor issue in the massive abuse of privilege that the mayor and his family are perpetrating, but how can they be allowed to hand out material that says "Ford Nation"? It's clearly a campaign slogan. "Ford Fest" is a bit dodgy, but the Ford family is putting on a festival, so let them have that. But "Ford Nation" is as surely a campaign slogan as "Ford For Mayor" is.

sweetlou -- very nice letter. I hope everyone here takes the few minutes required to send an email to city authorities, in order to continue to remind them that this whole thing is a travesty.

My letter to those poor overworked people at City Hall. Leiper, Crean, Parks, Pena. Feel free to use or adapt.

View attachment 30439

"Dear all:

This morning at 8:11 a.m., the campaign Twitter account of Michael Ford, Ward 2 candidate, encourages everyone to come to the Ford Fest family BBQ. This is in flagrant violation of the terms and conditions which you have so patiently explained as the basis for the city granting an event permit to mayoral candidate Rob Ford during what we all know is an election period.

To me, this signifies that the Fords are simply playing us all for fools. They have no intention of adhering to the conditions they appear to have agreed to and continue to use the event as a campaign tool

I urge you to withdraw the permit for this event. I am disgusted with the means that the Ford family uses to disgrace our institutions, flout rules, and make your jobs even harder."

Within minutes, three automated replies. Crean can't help, Leiper is out of the office and will reply on her return next week, Penachetti regurgitated the message from several days ago saying that the permit had been issued.

Boystown? I've never heard it called that before. Looking online, I see it used in connection with Church and Wellesley, but it's not that common. You say Boystown to me, and I think of Chicago. I think potential confusion is why Church and Wellesley/The Gay Village are much more commonly used terms.

That's weird! I've only ever heard of it called that. But yes, the Church and Wellesley area. And I have no clue how they would manage it, but there are quite a few people saying it (it is twitter though, so who knows, but really would it shock you?)

Snow confirmed idiot. He had dropped by CH to visit Rofo and was interviewed by CP24 as he left. Admitted that he didn't know anything about municipal affairs or "the left-wing thing" and the right-wing thing, but supports Rob 100% because he did everything he said he would and only had a couple of indiscretions in his private life, the kinda thing everyone does. F*(^#$%!!!

As well, the fawning of CP24 reporter Farah Nasser and anchor George Lagogianes over this formerly famous musician, *while reporting on issues at Toronto City Hall*, was just gross.

Edited to add: report here -- http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...pper-snow/article19748843/#dashboard/follows/

Buddhism for imbeciles -- “You gotta live in the now. I live in the now. So the past don’t exist and the future don’t exist. Only now. What I’m doing now, I got love for him, you know what I mean?â€

There was a bit of a slanging match going on on Twitter the other day. Some were saying that Snow was in fact 'a respected artist in the black community' and that his support of Ford shouldn't be dismissed just because a lot of people consider him a corny washed-up cultural appropriator. Even if he did have the respect of many in the black community, why should his endorsement of Ford matter to a voter?

Indiscretions? Like Snow's jail term for assault?

I'm not sure he even lives in Toronto either.

sweetlou -- very nice letter. I hope everyone here takes the few minutes required to send an email to city authorities, in order to continue to remind them that this whole thing is a travesty.

Agreed. I followed up in regards to the tweet.

Doug Ford on Mayor Ford's Aftercare

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/07/25/doug-ford-on-mayor-fords-aftercare/

Francis D'Souza: "So when does he get his aftercare?"

DoFo: "Aftercare? On...?"

Francis D'Souza: "The after-rehab care?"

DoFo: "Oh, you know, I'm sure he talks to some folks, there... but Rob's feeling healthier... as he told me the other day, I've never felt healthier in many years ... I'm feeling good... and uhhh.... when he goes out on events..."

Francis D'Souza: "Do you KNOW if he's getting after-rehab care?"

DoFo: "Yeah, well, you know something, I'm sure that's something that you might want to talk to him about, but... uhhh, yeah... to answer your question, he is. But again, he's feeling fabulous, and he's doing great."

<DoFoBsTranslator>

"I've never heard of aftercare. I've never heard of aftercare because Rob didn't go to rehab. We sent my brother to Chicago to get him out of Dodge for a bit but he was turned back at the border, so he hid out near the Junction for a few days. We then sent him to a fake spa-hab in the Muskokas where he could set his own terms and do whatever the hell he wanted until we decided it was ok for him to come back.

To answer your question, I've never heard of aftercare until now and obviously Rob is not getting any. In a way your question is foolish, Francis, because it implies he actually got CARE."

</DoFoBsTranslator>

Last edited:
If anyone's interested, I believe Kathy Ford is back in court today for toothbrushgate. I wonder if the "community service" she couldn't discuss last time was ratting on her brother.

Edit: Whoops, I mean she was supposed to have been in court yesterday. I never heard anything about it though.

Brilliant. Now to clean up keyboard.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back