1.9K     1 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 652     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 985     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And even if staff reads this and suggests it, he's so friggen stupid he will say "ew what?? No way I'm the best I'm the best!"

Ford may be an idiot, but Stintz and Soknacki surely know the score. And the first one to offer themselves to Ford (in the strategic sense) might think they'll have, at best, a chance to steal the election and, at worst, some plum post-election appointment. One scenario is that Stintz starts attacking Tory exclusively (and relentlessly), while Doug Ford says enough stupid things about Stintz to garner her some sympathy and more importantly for the Fords, increase her media time.

Last edited:
Off Topic Alert: I know it was posted awhile back, but I can't find it. Could someone (again) please post the instructions for setting up the ipad/iPhone for automatically opening at the last read post? Really appreciated! Thanks.

I'm not part of the shirtless horde but if I were to go to Thomson Park, I would seriously think about getting extremely loud noisemakers to use during his speech. If the city has people there to make sure they aren't campaigning that's something they can stop. They can't stop his speech, though. Noisemakers like megaphones, drums etc. might.

I'm not part of the shirtless horde but if I were to go to Thomson Park, I would seriously think about getting extremely loud noisemakers to use during his speech. If the city has people there to make sure they aren't campaigning that's something they can stop. They can't stop his speech, though. Noisemakers like megaphones, drums etc. might.

Saw this on Twitter:

"How much does a rental of a powered Bullhorns cost. Need one for a few hours on Friday night in Scarborough. Asking for a friend."

Ya, Ekos was the closest during the provincial election. Forum had Liberals and PCs neck and neck for the most part until the end.

Forum's results showed wild swings from poll to poll. In addition, the Forum polls showed high numbers for the PCs throughout. (On June 5 - the week before the election - they had the Libs and PCs within 2 points. In poll before that one, they had them tied at 36.)

Forum's landline-only approach is suspect - it results in higher than average older respondents and lower than average younger respondents. They use math to adjust, but that doesn't resolve the issue of excluding the entire population of people with cellphones.

The only poll I'm inclined to trust is an EKOS poll - they call landlines and cellphones, plus they have an invite-only online sampling method.

Summary of Ontario election polling results: http://www.electionalmanac.com/ea/ontario-election-polls/

I captured Rob Ford not looking too well at a press conference this morning. Judge for yourself:

LxqAjfT.jpg

B8wQS4N.jpg

eyes sunken is a result of lack of sleep and dehydration. he looks tired.

it's only a matter of time for someone to get him on video drinking pops and/or smoking.

Last edited:
Saw this on Twitter:

"How much does a rental of a powered Bullhorns cost. Need one for a few hours on Friday night in Scarborough. Asking for a friend."

Might want to read the by-laws before going all out:

image.jpg

On the other hand, a joyous crowd joining together in a rousing rendition of "We Shall Overcome" could work for both sides. Ford Nation probably wouldn't understand the irony.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,230
I was contacted by a polling company called Triton last night. It was short, but sounded like it could have been commissioned by Ford or Stintz. Notably, it only listed four options for Mayor; Soknacki wasn’t included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back