259     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 681     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
" Ford fest---I invite everyone to ford fest. Even the other candidates if they want to come to ford fest. We've been doing it...since 1995, when my Dad got elected, it's our 19th year. it got too big, uh, obviously, for my Mum's backyard---we've done it EVERY year. Not just on an election year, every year. I think you guys have seen this. So whoever wants to make this into a political issue---obviously that's their intention. This is gonna be for Scarborough, and AGAIN (getting exasperated), I think you were there last year---I think you guys have been there for a lot...(snorts)..a long time. This is 19 years, and, um, y'know, it gets a little emotional because my Dad's not with us, and he started it, and he said we're giving back to the community, and, that's what we're doing, so---it started in 1995, we've had it EVERY single year, and we're going to continue to have it every single year just to give back to the community, let people come, have a good time---that's all there is too it. Again...it's frustrating when you hear other people spinning it---(trails off) Come---anybody, all the other candidates, councilors, Mayors---everybody in the city is invited, this Friday, July 25th, at Tommy Thompson Park. Right at Lawrence and Brimley, like we've done before."

Great. Have it in a private location, not a public park, which contravenes election rules.

I love this guy:

Michael Ford ‏@FordNephew 8 mins
Uncle Rob never took us to McDonalds - he always told us we have more than enough to eat at home. I never understood.

RoFo "...my Dad's not with us, and he started it..."

I grew up in the Martingrove Gardens area of Etobicoke. All the dad's barbequed, and all the neighbours used to get together and drink in the backyards. Although certainly not on the scale that FoFam entertained.

I love this guy:

Michael Ford ‏@FordNephew 8 mins
Uncle Rob never took us to McDonalds - he always told us we have more than enough to eat at home. I never understood.

MiFo doesn't looked like he skipped too many meals.

More on this Ford Fest from the wonderful Jude MacDonald on the Twitter.
Jude MacDonald
‏@judemacdonald
That's right! A quick scan of Rob Ford's 2010 campaign financial statement reveals *TWO* FordFests were included that year!

" Can you comment on your nephew running for your brother's..."

"I wish him the best of luck. Y'know, he comes from a political family---even when he was knee-high to a grasshopper he helped out my Dad, his grandfather. He's helped out on campaigns...He...he's smart. He...he'll be a huge asset for, uh, Etobicoke North. He has to work hard. Obviously nothing's ---he can't take anything for granted. He has the literature, and he's gonna do well, and I'm gonna support him 100%. He's, uh, an eager young man. I wish him all the best."

What difference does it make? The Ford's don't read the councillor handbook because Doug Sr was a one term MPP.

Under-30s candidates debate

There is nothing wrong with young candidates, but they do have to be able to do the job. That means having ideas that can be implemented, not just suggested. Maybe a little youthful idealism might be better than the cynical, self-serving crap served up by you-know-who (oh, did I mention Mamms and DMW?).

How about an under-30s candidates meeting or debate?

Crikey, I’d pay money to see the candidates who are under 30 years old speak. Let Mikey Ford debate Morgan Baskin. They are both running for council. What would they do with it? There must be others worth hearing. Lard knows we're not hearing much good stuff from the old folks running.

Now, what youth organisation would be best positioned to host it?

There is nothing wrong with young candidates, but they do have to be able to do the job. That means having ideas that can be implemented, not just suggested. Maybe a little youthful idealism might be better than the cynical, self-serving crap served up by you-know-who (oh, did I mention Mamms and DMW?).

How about an under-30s candidates meeting or debate?

Crikey, I’d pay money to see the candidates who are under 30 years old speak. Let Mikey Ford debate Morgan Baskin. They are both running for council. What would they do with it? There must be others worth hearing. Lard knows we're not hearing much good stuff from the old folks running.

Now, what youth organisation would be best positioned to host it?

That wouldn't be a fair fight - Morgan Baskin is just some kid, but Mikey's been in politics his entire life.

Agreed, I thought Ms. Baskin did alright in that first Merryl debate 'fringe' section. However Morgan Baskin is running for mayor I believe, though seriously, I wish she ran for council instead.
I like her chutzpah, I like her initiative, and honestly. How badly can she do compared to Mamms and DMW? I'd give a chance to an honest rookie who wants the job for the right reasons, over a more senior halfwit crook. That's not a jab at Mamm's brain surgery, I still count him as a halfwit pre, and post surgery.

Mikey might not be a bad guy, then again I have no idea since he's been strangely silent. Maybe he's a decent pilot. Maybe he enjoys anytime he's flying, and doesn't have Rob and Thug speaking for him\telling him to chaeuffeur uncle Rob who's high as a kite, again. Heck maybe he'd make a much better pilot than a city councilor. Certainly nothing wrong with that.

You're right, it wouldn't be fair -- Morgan would absolutely demolish Mikey.

'Nuff said right there.

But Mikey’s got name recognition! And Brawndo’s got what plants crave.

Name recognition? Even considering Rob’s worldwide notoriety, a century worth of advertising by the Ford Motor Company drives a bit of that name recognition. Don’t tell me Doug Ford Senior invented the motor car and mass production too.

If name recognition is the only thing that drives the doofus voter, particularly in North Etobicoke, then maybe Andray Domise oughta consider changing his name to Dick Chevrolet.

(I’m still struggling with how 14 years became 19 years in Ford math. I suppose Rob remembers being 14 and saying he was 19 so he could get into a bar or strip joint. Or sometheen.)

You're right, it wouldn't be fair -- Morgan would absolutely demolish Mikey.

Indeed. I have never seen Mikey speak. Morgan is just great for her age. Smart and well spoken. I bet you Mikey is a drooling idiot. It runs in the family. You can't escape bad genes and the deleterious effect of years of drug/alcohol abuse on kids growing up.

I can't believe no one has brought this up yet. In response to Rob's never quitting anything; aside from the hilarious implications for his addictions, he f'n quit university!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back