166     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 567     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 953     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda. But this is embarrassing for the Fords. It makes them look like the fools they are on many fronts. The umbrellas were made under their noses by a guy who they supported for a board appointment. Sugar Beach is basically a gift from the federal government, so it's pretty small-minded of them to complain. Best of all, their close friend Jim Flaherty was a big fan of the project.

All of this is another example of their ready-shoot-aim approach to governing. It's also worth noting we heard nary a peep from the Fords on Sugar Beach until DMW tried to do a bit of stumping of his own. They jumped on his bandwagon, got a couple of days in the headlines, then shot themselves in the foot. Again.

Very well said. Thank you.

"He gave her his keys and told her she could borrow his Cadillac Escalade from his house ..."

knock knock. "Hello Renata, my name's Leeee Anne ..."

Oh to be a fly on that wall. :D

"You might remember me from such Chinese finger cuffs as Rob and Sandro in the basement last April."

Was this already posted?
McRobb said she had met Doug when he came to write a speech with Rob at rehab. But now this little bird has changed her tune.

McRobb clarified Thursday she didn’t meet Doug Ford in person but spoke to him by phone on June 26.
Perhaps tomorrow, she will 'clarify' that she never actually met RoFo, and only threw 'envelopes' onto his rehab porch.

Why that belief? Sun story just said, wrongly, east end. So how do we know which of the two Martino's shops?

ETA: Sun later altered story to refer to Dundas West - but see my post re why may have done that with no supporting evidence.

at this point, especially with such an information overload kinda day, i don't know / can't remember what made me think it would be the one by the airport. maybe i assumed that 'cause the airport one is in "ford nation"?

The wording about location was not in the original article. I tweeted the Sun about the east end error and gave the Dundas West address. At that time I did not not know about the 2nd, Dixon Road, address. I tweeted the Sun about that later. I am not convinced that the Sun actually asked LeeAnn about, or otherwise knows, which one she went to.

then how do we know that's actually where leeanne went? without checking, we can't even be sure she went to one of those 2 locations. i heard something about what the sign over the door said (or something like that) in someone's reporting, which gave the impression they were at the shop she went to.

i know you will, but keep us posted on what you learn / if you get a response.

Last edited:
I think they have something on her and she believes it will hurt her. They either told her they had dirt or, she knew they had it and today, they threatened to expose it... if I'm right, rough time for Ms Stinz, I know people who have been there....however, if you are reading Ms. Stinz, after the behaviour of the mayors Ford (Atwooodish), most, if not all transgressions pale. I won't vote for you but do nor be cowed by these very troubled men.

out of "likely" scenarios, something like that one is at the top of my list.

Was this already posted?
McRobb said she had met Doug when he came to write a speech with Rob at rehab. But now this little bird has changed her tune.

Perhaps tomorrow, she will 'clarify' that she never actually met RoFo, and only threw 'envelopes' onto his rehab porch.

This part of the article reminded me of the Beatles break up for some reason.

“Doug was coming up to help Rob prepare the speech and they were going to spend some time together, Rob had told me. I said, ‘Get him to bring me some magnets and stuff.’ He told me he probably wasn’t going to do it, so I said, ‘I’ll give him a call and ask him.’”

She said she would have “loved” to help write the speech.

“I don’t feel like I know Doug at all,” McRobb said. “I talked to him once, but I didn’t think he was very happy to talk to me and I don’t think he wants to know me one bit.”

For what it's worth, I too would have loved to see Ms. McRobb helped write the speech.

This time a year ago in this forum, we were still battling pseudo-or-actual Ford supporters. The fact that none of them post now must surely bode well?

Yeah, I was thinking about that, too--the silence of the pro-Fords is deafening, esp. given how this forum's become "popular" in the interrim...

This was hinted at by another person here, but I want to highlight it.

LeeAnne McRobb's car-swapping story makes a whole lot more sense if it turns out Rob was the unidentified GreeneStone patient who borrowed her truck in the first place and wrecked it.

From there he would pull out all his tawdry Toronto connections and—falling back on his ingrained councillor habits—do everything in his power to make things right, especially if he and LeeAnne had managed to keep the whole thing their little secret for GreeneStone staff . . . and then the supposed friendship just unspooled from there.

Sure, getting Lisi involved was a win for him, but could it be that Rob the player got played even a little by his country pumpkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back