824     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 737     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 567     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I didn't drink yesterday and I didn't drink today" -- at least as of noonish today.

This is classic Ford speech. He's pre-empting the possibility of a revelation that he was drunk in Muskoka by not technically lying. That means he was most definitely drunk in Muskoka. Then he will claim that part of his disease is relapsing and the past is the past.

The thing is that Jogger Joe stuck to the record of Rob Ford. He never mentioned substance use.

the age old lyric of "third verse, same as the first, a little bit louder and a little bit worse" runs through my head every time either Ford opens their mouth.

Just watched the same interview twice (with two different interviewers).

1. Why didn't CP24 and CBC compare notes beforehand and ask different questions?
2. Rob is an idiot, but an idiot who can stick to a script. That man is a human tape recorder.

Is it just because I am on the front lines of the anti-Ford bubble, or is this comeback going terribly in the eyes of the general population?

"I didn't drink yesterday and I didn't drink today" -- at least as of noonish today.

This is classic Ford speech. He's pre-empting the possibility of a revelation that he was drunk in Muskoka by not technically lying. That means he was most definitely drunk in Muskoka. Then he will claim that part of his disease is relapsing and the past is the past.

Yeah. He didn't drink yesterday. He hasn't had a drink today. So, when did he have his last drink or hit?

Just watched the same interview twice (with two different interviewers).

1. Why didn't CP24 and CBC compare notes beforehand and ask different questions?
2. Rob is an idiot, but an idiot who can stick to a script. That man is a human tape recorder.

What he really needs is an interrogator.

AoD

It's worked for him in the past (gravy train anyone? billion dollars?). He is a puppet who can manage a couple of stock lines but gets easily thrown off his game. That's what the interviewers have to go after.

It will take more than today's interviews. The man is that stubborn. Plus being mayor seems to be the only thing that makes him happy.

But it's not. You don't show up late every day to a job you love; you don't take off from a job you love on a regular basis for your own personal reasons while creating a lie that it's somehow related to said job; You don't treat the office of the job you love as a place to get drunk or sleep on the couch and hide away from your responsibilities. You respect a job you love.

The only job Rob Ford ever seemed to love is Football coach, and his own ego/demons/hate-for-the-job-of-Mayor took that away from him.

The only reason he wants to hold onto being Mayor is because it comes with (ever increasing) fame. But when that's gone… Whooo boy.

Is it just because I am on the front lines of the anti-Ford bubble, or is this comeback going terribly in the eyes of the general population?

I dunno, because I'm in the same bubble, but the whole "I'm not going to answer those questions, you'll have to ask my lawyer" and "I'm not going to answer those questions, you'll have to ask Greenestone" makes him look really evasive and with something to hide. If he continues doing that (and we all know he will), he's going to jumped on by everyone as the "no comment" guy whenever anyone asks him anything.

I do not think it is going well.
Especially now that Jogger Joe is getting lots of media attention. :) It would have been ok except for that one shirtless dude ... because the media ignored the boos and cat-calls and focused on the cheers. And then Joe ran by .... (Joe is my new hero)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back